1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Homemade Garage Work Bench

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by goufcustom, May 5, 2013.

1. May 5, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    goufcustom

goufcustom [OP] 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Leonardtown, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 TRD Off Road DC SR5
    Bed Topper, Diff Breather, aFe Cold Air Intake, Satoshi Grill, Moved Horns, Oil Catch Can, Tailgate Lock, Husky Mud Flaps, H4 65/70W Bulbs, Lower Grill Mesh, TRD Skid Plate, LEDs in the bed, LEDs behind the grill for accent lighting, Parking lights as turn signals, LED turn signals and reverse lights, 5100s up front, eibachs up front, SS extended brake lines all around, 1.5" AAL in the rear, Relentless Fab U-Bolt Flip Kit, ICON Progressive AAL, TRD Wheel Center Caps, HomeLink, Heated Driver Seat, Hella 500 FF Driving Lights, BAMF Diff Skid, BAMF LCA Skids, BAMF Rock Sliders w/ KickOut.
    Just moved into my new house and finally have garage space, I want to build my own work bench. Does anyone have suggestions, plans, how-to, or anything else? I want something for the back wall of my garage, with upper and lower storage, with a table top like surface to work on. Only major table top tool I have now is a vise, but will likely get a bench grinder soon.

I assume that I should attach it to the wall. I also may integrate my beer fridge into the work bench.

I also found these rolling pull out drawers for the bottom that look handy - http://www.familyhandyman.com/video/device/mobile/t/57560570/modular-workbench.htm?m_n=true#.UYb6hZX4Pr5

2. May 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    i too am looking to build a workbench soon... there's some good ideas on garagejournal, ...also found some stuff on plansnow.com

3. May 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    kris77

kris77 Born in the Backwoods

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    In channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Hankook Dynapro RF10 265/70/17
    I built this exact workbench a few months ago. I didnt do the table saw stand or the pull out drawers. Just the basic bench with a spot for the miter saw. Awesome and simple to build.

The slide out drawers on the bottom look nice. That might be my next project.

To Top