1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hood hinge light brackets for LEDs

Discussion in 'Famous Fabrication' started by DWreck, Sep 3, 2012.

1. DJSPEC

DJSPEC 808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Kaimuki,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    debadged Viper Alarm Diehard Platinum 31M Battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage OEM roof racks, step sides 55w 5000k HID Headlights 35W 6000k HID Fog Lights 20% tint Front windows 5% tint rear windows Rigid Industries D2 above the valance Duallys on Famous Fabrication's Hood Hinge Brackets Borla ProXS Muffler Swap Dueler A/T REVO2 265/70R17 on stock rims Wet Okole Seat Covers Reese Tow Hitch 33090 Plastidip Front Valance FoglightMod(Fuel Pump Relay Version)
    Stoked! Can't wait till they come in.

2. DaveEli

DaveEli Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Sport 4X4
    Icon Extended Travel Coilovers, All-Pro Expo leaf springs, All-pro U-Bolt flip kit, Icon 2.0 Series custom length rear shocks, Wheelers Superbump Bumpstops, All-Pro extended rear brake lines, Redline Hood Struts, AVS Bugflector II, Pelfreybilt front bumper, Brute Force rear bumper with short swingarm, Famous Fabrication Rock Sliders, Budbuilt Skid Plates, Rigid Driving Lights, Dick Cepek DC-2 17x9" wheels, 285/70R17 Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar tires, neoprene seat covers, ARE bed top, TRD cat back exhaust, AVS in channel window vents, Toyota door sill protectors, Pop & Lock tailgate lock, Husky Rear floorliners, WeatherTech Front Floorliners, DeeZee bed mat, Window tint, TRD drop in air filter, Plasmaglow led bed lights, Hi-Lift jack mounted on bed rail, IMMRYO Rear View Mirror Relocate
    Do you have a set of the hood hinge light brackets available for shipping now? I would like a set. Could you ship them when you ship my sliders and I will pay for them then?

3. DWreck

DWreck [OP] Famous Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Debadged, k&n cai, tc uca, billy 5100, led hood lights, redline hood struts, tailgate ez-down, ddm hid heads, Piaa 510 hid fogs, procomp 7089, dunlop fierce mt, cb and ham radios, hideaway strobes, ff front bumper, ff sliders, bed rack,
    Currently out of stock. I will do my best to send a pair with your sliders though.

4. DJSPEC

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Kaimuki,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    debadged Viper Alarm Diehard Platinum 31M Battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage OEM roof racks, step sides 55w 5000k HID Headlights 35W 6000k HID Fog Lights 20% tint Front windows 5% tint rear windows Rigid Industries D2 above the valance Duallys on Famous Fabrication's Hood Hinge Brackets Borla ProXS Muffler Swap Dueler A/T REVO2 265/70R17 on stock rims Wet Okole Seat Covers Reese Tow Hitch 33090 Plastidip Front Valance FoglightMod(Fuel Pump Relay Version)
    Brackets just came in this morning! I paired the brackets with Rigid Industries Duallys. The Brackets fit and work perfectly with RI's provided bolts and nuts.

Very easy installation! I put them in by myself, Installed them as described in the previous post with no problems. The hood stays steady the whole time.

I used towels to protect the hood and windshield from scratching while I was tightening the brackets down. (I didn't need them, I just didn't want to risk it.)
    Derek shipped them on 9/12/2012 and they arrives 5 days later. Thanks bro!
    They are fit and work exactly as described and are perfect.
    I'll post better pictures soon!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. DWreck

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Debadged, k&n cai, tc uca, billy 5100, led hood lights, redline hood struts, tailgate ez-down, ddm hid heads, Piaa 510 hid fogs, procomp 7089, dunlop fierce mt, cb and ham radios, hideaway strobes, ff front bumper, ff sliders, bed rack,
    Wow! That was quick! Looks great. Thanks for confirming that the Duallys fit. I have been getting that question from a few.

6. DJSPEC

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Kaimuki,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    Got some night shots tonight. These pictures are with RI Duallys. I don't have night shots with Bulldog Lighting Spikes.
    Having the lights mounted so high up really shows off the optimum output of the duallys. (compared to having them mounted in the valance)
    I love these brackets! They allowed me to put the light right where I wanted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. FailRated

FailRated RTO

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab TRD
    5100's w/ Eibachs, Front sway bar in trash mod, Diff drop, 265/75-16 Duratracs or 33x10.50 KM2's on 15x8 wheelers steels, ARB front bumper, Warn VR8000 winch, Trailgear sliders, Allpro rear bumper, Sky Offroad E-Locker guard, Sky Offroad weld on differential guard, Savage skid plates w/ Budbuilt cross member, e-locker rear, ARB air locker front, 4.56 gears, bought it from my mom who bought it new :-D
    Nice. Are those spot pattern?

8. DaveEli

DaveEli Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Sport 4X4
    Icon Extended Travel Coilovers, All-Pro Expo leaf springs, All-pro U-Bolt flip kit, Icon 2.0 Series custom length rear shocks, Wheelers Superbump Bumpstops, All-Pro extended rear brake lines, Redline Hood Struts, AVS Bugflector II, Pelfreybilt front bumper, Brute Force rear bumper with short swingarm, Famous Fabrication Rock Sliders, Budbuilt Skid Plates, Rigid Driving Lights, Dick Cepek DC-2 17x9" wheels, 285/70R17 Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar tires, neoprene seat covers, ARE bed top, TRD cat back exhaust, AVS in channel window vents, Toyota door sill protectors, Pop & Lock tailgate lock, Husky Rear floorliners, WeatherTech Front Floorliners, DeeZee bed mat, Window tint, TRD drop in air filter, Plasmaglow led bed lights, Hi-Lift jack mounted on bed rail, IMMRYO Rear View Mirror Relocate
    I love the look of those brackets with the lights. Did you get white lights, and are they flood or spot? Also did you get the covers, I wonder how they fit. What is it like driving at night with the reflection off of the hood? I have ordered a set to use when we are driving down dark country roads so maybe we won't hit another deer. I want to aim them off to the sides of the truck to let those pesky deer know we are comming.

9. DWreck

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Mine are aiming off the side. Same reason, deer.

10. DJSPEC

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Kaimuki,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    These are the white spot pattern, they put a lot of light in a concentrated area. Absolutely No glare reflects off the hood back into the cab either.

The covers hold on by friction alone, they fit kind of awkwardly, but have yet to shift or fall off after about a year of driving.

11. DaveEli

DaveEli Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Sport 4X4

How do they wire up? Do they have plugs? I will have to remove them for State Inspections. Dave

12. K Dog

K Dog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Corpus Christi
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 6speed 4x4
    Stock
    [​IMG]

These are defiantly my next purchase!!

also how bad is the reflection off the hood with that location??

13. DJSPEC

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Kaimuki,Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    The duallys come with a wiring harness that is all plug and play. As easy as it gets. Comes complete with a fuse, a switch, and plugs that are already built into the harness. Plugging and unplugging is a lot like the connectors on HID systems.

14. K Dog

K Dog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Corpus Christi
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 6speed 4x4
    Stock
    nvm about the glare question, i read the post above.

Im wondering how well a Hella 500ff in this location though..... any thoughts?

15. DWreck

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    These are on Relentless brackets.

16. Oury

Oury Texas Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Oury
    Austin, Tx
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    stuff and more stuff
    I really like these brackets, think I will put some dually's on them too.

17. ty.s07

ty.s07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty (like tie your shoes)
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC/SB TRD Off Road
    I have a set of dually's to go on my brackets as well. Can't wait to get them in and get it all installed.

18. DWreck

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road 4x4
    FYI, I am now a dealer for Bulldog Lighting for all of you mentioning "Duallys". :D

The Bulldog Lighting Spikes are brighter and cheaper. :wink:

19. DaveEli

DaveEli Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Sport 4X4
    How much for the lights? White spotlights. Do they have covers?

20. FailRated

FailRated RTO

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab TRD
    5100's w/ Eibachs, Front sway bar in trash mod, Diff drop, 265/75-16 Duratracs or 33x10.50 KM2's on 15x8 wheelers steels, ARB front bumper, Warn VR8000 winch, Trailgear sliders, Allpro rear bumper, Sky Offroad E-Locker guard, Sky Offroad weld on differential guard, Savage skid plates w/ Budbuilt cross member, e-locker rear, ARB air locker front, 4.56 gears, bought it from my mom who bought it new :-D
    Just hoping somebody makes these brackets for a first gen :boink:

To Top