1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hood Scoop LED lightbar bracket by C4Fab

Discussion in 'C4 Fabrication' started by C4 Fabrication, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Nov 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    C4 Fabrication

C4 Fabrication [OP] Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    2" lift, 285/70/17 BFG TA KO2's, baja bumper, bedrack with swing out, CVT RTT, Leather interior, heated seats, JBL, remote start, K&N intake, Hood Scoop LED lightbar mod.
    Link to 12+ setup here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...racket-kit-c4-fab-12-edition.html#post9739739

Hood scoop removal instructions start on the bottom of this page. Bracket and light assembly pics and instructions start on top of page two!

Hey everyone, I have designed a bracket that bolts directly into the factory hood scoop studs on the 05-11 Tacoma's. This bracket is designed to hold a Rigid 10" Single Row LED lightbar which fits perfectly into the hood scoop once the plastic insert behind the mesh is removed.

Installation is basic and includes drilling out the rivets that hold the plastic and metal mesh into the scoop. The plastic is discarded and the mesh is bolted back into place with small screws. The lightbar gets put into the scoop, and then the bracket bolts directly to the bottom side of the hood and the light attaches to the bracket. All mounting hardware will be included for the scoop and the light.

The bracket is laser cut from 14ga steel and press brake formed, then powder coated in a textured black.

Pricing is 65.00 for the bracket with stainless hardware plus 15.00 for shipping.

This will also be available as a package deal (bracket and light) with a Rigid 10" SR series lightbar and the powder coated bracket with stainless hardware for 295.00 plus shipping.

If you buy the complete package with a light included, you can choose from any style of the Rigid SR series 10" light (spot, flood, combo, or amber) all at the 295.00 price. If you would like to upgrade to the Hyperspot light or the Hyperspot/Driving combo light, it will be an extra 30.00. If you would like to get the Driving beam light with the kit, it will be an extra 55.00.

Let me know what you guys think and send me a PM or an email if you would like to make and order. Right now I am taking payment through Paypal. My Paypal ID for payment is rockrunner87@gmail.com My business email is caleb@c4fab.co Thanks everyone!DSCN1571.jpg

This kit also fits the 03-09 4Runner Sport models!

image.jpgimage (1).jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    ChadsPride and Dj Suisav like this.
  2. Nov 30, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    C4 Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    2" lift, 285/70/17 BFG TA KO2's, baja bumper, bedrack with swing out, CVT RTT, Leather interior, heated seats, JBL, remote start, K&N intake, Hood Scoop LED lightbar mod.
    I have been running this setup for over 6 months on my 05 Tacoma and it has been great. The rigid light extends out past my headlight coverage (even with the IPF 100 watt bulbs that I have) and allows me to see deer and other animals much better when im driving at night. I will try to get some pictures tonight with the light on just to give some perspective of how it looks and the coverage it offers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ChadsPride likes this.
  3. Dec 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM
    Atomic47

Atomic47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 V6 4x4 TRD Sport
    Leveling kit, AAL, air-ride, Rear diff breather mod, Illuminated 4wd Switch, 4 more D rings, fog lights anytime, 7 pin relocate, Coca-Cola mod, TRD Off-Road hook, Weathertechs, secret custom cargo light, 09 lower dash panel, heated seats, 2013 oem touch screen radio, reverse camera added into Pop'n'Lock locking tailgate handle, black powder-coated TRD Sport rims, 32" light bar in custom fabricated mount, aux reverse lights in rear bumper
    That's a cool looking product!

4. Dec 2, 2014 at 2:08 PM
    TJRTACOMA

TJRTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Rialto, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Speedway Blue Tacoma TRD Sport
    Billet Grille, Pop N Lock
    Marked

5. Dec 2, 2014 at 8:11 PM
    C4 Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    thanks a lot!

6. Dec 2, 2014 at 8:12 PM
    C4 Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    ?

7. Dec 2, 2014 at 8:32 PM
    Atomic47

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 V6 4x4 TRD Sport
    Leveling kit, AAL, air-ride, Rear diff breather mod, Illuminated 4wd Switch, 4 more D rings, fog lights anytime, 7 pin relocate, Coca-Cola mod, TRD Off-Road hook, Weathertechs, secret custom cargo light, 09 lower dash panel, heated seats, 2013 oem touch screen radio, reverse camera added into Pop'n'Lock locking tailgate handle, black powder-coated TRD Sport rims, 32" light bar in custom fabricated mount, aux reverse lights in rear bumper
    I believe that he means that he has 'bookmarked' this thread. He like it.

:)

8. Dec 2, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    C4 Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    that's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure;)

9. Dec 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    C4 Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    Looking for more input on this product. what do you guys think of the overall concept? Good, bad, not worth the money for the benefits and look? The install is fairly easy and can be completed in about an hour. Any other questions you guys may have?

10. Dec 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    Tacoma VT

Tacoma VT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    R. Kessler
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD sport
    OME 884s, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Icon 3 leaf progressive AAL (with overload in), Rear leaf TSB, ImMrYo mirror relocater, ARE Z series cap, Hi Lift jack W/ DIY mount, trimmed Mud Flaps, Devil Horns by Andres, EGR In-Channel rain guards, LED bed lights, Weather Techs
    I like it.
    If people by the entire kit, does it come with wiring and instructions for the light?

11. Dec 3, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    C4 Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    Yes the Rigid lightbar comes with complete wiring harness and everything needed to wire the light. Wiring instructions also come with the light.
    The reason I use the Rigid brand light is because it has the most slim design and is the only one that will fit in the scoop.

I can post some pictures of my install on this thread so people can see it here.

12. Dec 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    Atomic47

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 V6 4x4 TRD Sport
    I would like to see some more photos of your install. Do you have a photo of the switch that comes with the Rigid light? Do you have a photo of the bracket finished in the black powder-coating?
    I think this a great idea and product. I'm giving serious thought to ordering but will have to wait until after Christmas likely.

13. Dec 3, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    o0oSHADOWo0o

o0oSHADOWo0o Just lurking in the darkness

Member:
    First Name:
    Shadow
    Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    2012 Double Cab Short Bed 4x4 TRD Sport
    Just a few LEDs...
    I hate to tell you this...but the 2012's and up have a smaller scoop so this won't fit. :(

So....I did something different :D

crazylane likes this.
  14. Dec 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM
    C4 Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    That's correct, this bracket and light will only work on up to 2011 Tacoma's.

15. Dec 3, 2014 at 6:16 PM
    o0oSHADOWo0o

o0oSHADOWo0o Just lurking in the darkness

Member:
    First Name:
    Shadow
    Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    2012 Double Cab Short Bed 4x4 TRD Sport
    Just a few LEDs...
    If you run across a light bar that will fit in the 2012+ scoop, I would be very interested. ;)

16. Dec 3, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    C4 Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    unfortunately I don't have access to a 2012+ Tacoma to check fitment of a light and bracket.

17. Dec 3, 2014 at 6:42 PM
    C4 Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    here are some pics of how easy it is to remove the scoop.

remove these five nuts
    [​IMG]
    Some Tacomas may have an extra screw that needs to be removed in this center hole. Thanks ndcmack for pointing that out to me!
    [​IMG]
    then the scoop lifts right out
    [​IMG]

these rivets need to be drilled out to remove the inner plastic portion of the scoop where the light will fit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    punch the rivets out

[​IMG]

the plastic insert and steel mesh come right out

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Eaux8Taceaux likes this.
  18. Dec 3, 2014 at 6:46 PM
    C4 Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    Here are the assembly pics.
    Attach the mesh back into the scoop with the provided 10-24 screws and nyloc nuts. (this pic does not show nyloc nuts, but that is what will be provided in the kit)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now that the scoop is back together, move onto setting the light into the hood.
    Slide the light in first before attaching the mounting tabs. The light fits a bit tight, but it will slide in.
    [​IMG]

Next attach the short mounting tabs that come with the Rigid light like this-
    [​IMG]
    Just snug up the nuts enough so that they are still adjustable for now.

Now attach the bracket to the light mounting tabs. Use the supplied 1/4" x 1 1/4" button head bolts with washers.
    [​IMG]
    Also leave these bolts loose enough to make adjustments later.

Now slide the bracket with light up into position so it lines up with the scoop mounting holes.
    [​IMG]

Next drop the scoop back into the hood and fit the studs through the bracket.
    [​IMG]

Put the scoop nuts back on and tighten them up. I don't have a torque spec for these, but they don't need much at all! If you over tighten them, the studs will break loose and spin inside the fiberglass scoop, so be careful when tightening!
    [​IMG]

Now you can adjust the light so that it lines up as square as possible inside the scoop and tighten all the remaining hardware.
    The light can be adjusted inside the scoop, but there is not much room for up and down rotation of the light. I suggest turning on the light and adjusting it to where you want it before finalizing and tightening down all the hardware.

The wiring harness is pretty easy to run. Route it in between the hood and hood support structure right behind the light, then down to the back of the hood by the windshield washer hoses. the harness can be zip tied to the washer hoses. Then attach the supplied wiring harness loop to the hood with a self drilling screw. Leave a bit of slack by the hood hinge so you have plenty of movement when opening and closing the hood.
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of where I mounted my the supplied Rigid switch.
    [​IMG]
    Some of you may not like the switch because it is pretty bright when turned on. The only suggestion I have for this is to put a small piece of black tape over the red part of the switch. I know this is a tacky solution, but I really don't know what else to suggest. the light does not bother me, but I know some don't like it. Im looking into using the switches that are a direct fit into the Tacoma blanks. Hopefully the Rigid wiring harness will plug right into them.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    Jerry Store likes this.
  19. Dec 3, 2014 at 8:52 PM
    Atomic47

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 V6 4x4 TRD Sport
    I really like that the mesh is intact. It makes the light less obvious and protects it at the same time.

20. Dec 4, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    C4 Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB Sport
    Yeah I like that too, it also makes it very hard to notice the light in there. its a very subtle mod.

ColtsTRD likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top