1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

hood vibration

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by turbulence, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Oct 18, 2011 at 6:11 AM
    turbulence

turbulence [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey guys, I just bought an 08 v6 prerunner, and when I'm driving at speeds greater than 55 mph, the hood shakes a lot, almost like it is loose. Also, my side mirrors shake quite a bit, too. The tires are stock dunlops, not knobby off-road tires. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Oct 18, 2011 at 6:45 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    There are supports under the front of the hood that might need adjustment. Does the steering wheel shake too? If so, you need a wheel balance, or you have a bent rim/broken tire belt. Check your tires for evidence of cupping. If so, this is evidence of bad wheel balance, bad shocks, or both. If cupped, your tires are toast, since they are now worn out of round.

3. Oct 18, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    It sounds like your bump stops on your hood need adjustment. Just turn them about a quarter turn at a time until your hood latches firmly down. Then as stated, check your tires. Sounds like you have a balance issue also.

Products Discussed in

To Top