1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hoping to be a Tacoma owner soon...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by blacksheep515, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Jun 28, 2012 at 8:57 AM
    blacksheep515

blacksheep515 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hi all

If all goes well, I should be the proud owner of a CPO Silverstreak Mica 2009 Tacoma DoubleCabTRD Off-Road package with 31K on it. :D Wish me luck!

I am pretty new to trucks, but we needed a truck that can transport my wife and daughter in her baby seat as well as mulch, bicycles, couches and pull my motorcycle etc. It had to have decent gas mileage and fit in our garage too, obviously.

I was stuck between the Ridgeline and the Tacoma for a while. I am a huge honda fan (flamesuit on LOL), but it seemed easier to find certified Tacoma's used with lower miles and it seemed to ride decent and such...

Anyways, I am hoping nothing falls thru today, but even if it does - I will find another Tacoma - I am pretty sold on them now.

I have a 12 month bumper to bumper warranty and powertrain to a 100K per certification. So, I want to address issues now that I could be unaware of.

I found some TSB's here I will be asking them about. Is there anything else I should look at and have them fix if its an issue?

I would like to do a double DIN Headunit with bluetooth/navi for sure. I also want my XM radio back. Speaking of which...

The truck has an antenna on the roof painted body color that looks like XM, but when I hit the AM-SAT button, only AM comes on - So, I am guessing it does not have SAT radio !?!

Thanks and I hope to be a contributing member to this forum!

2. Jun 28, 2012 at 8:58 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Welcome to TW :wave:

3. Jun 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    Faryota

Faryota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mic
    Ridgefield, WA.
    Vehicle:
    13, 4x4, long bed, Sport, Debad
    6" BDS lift in front, warn winch, AFE cold air intake & exhaust, Body Armor Rear bumper, Tuffy in bed storage box, DZ bed mat, ARB front bumper & Warn winch w/light kit, Husky floor mats, dash mat,
    Good luck...

4. Jun 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM
    blacksheep515

Member:
    Sounds like they could finance me lower than the promised rate which is great news!

Also doing some fixes they promised as part of the deal:

- The grille had some chips, so I whined and they are throwing a new grille on the truck they had in stock.

- The truck also needed a good wax and buff and showed some scratches on the surface which the shopmonkeys did not do a good job removing while they detailed it or whatever. So, I had them take it to their bodyshop and they are getting this handled as well.

- I also had them find me some all weather mats to put in it. Sales guy said he would take them out of another truck I test drove since I liked them so much...LOL

But, sounds like I pick up the taco at 6:30 pm tonight! I will try and get some pics of it for everyone. I know its nothin fancy, but figured I would share here.

5. Jun 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    tacoma4x4girl

tacoma4x4girl Well-Known Member

Member:
  6. Jun 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    blacksheep515

Member:
    Ok, got her today, loving it so far. Already want to start getting some mods...:eek:

I went out and took some pics. Everyone knows what these trucks look like here, so I just had some fun with the pictures. We have a new camera and I have been playing with it and software etc, so these pictures may not be great, but what the hey...:D. Hope you like it okay! :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Jun 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    MADtaco09

MADtaco09 Hawaii, Fuck Yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pahoa, Big Island.
    Vehicle:
    Barcelona Red TRD Sports
    6" Basic Fabtech Lift Kit. 2012 Off Road Tacoma Struts (Less than 100 miles). Cab Mount Chop. K&N CAI. Borla Exhaust. BHLM w/Custom Yellow Blinker Lens & Yellow Reflector. Black LED Altezza Tail lights. Black LED Bermuda 3rd Brake Light. Yellow Tinted Fogs w/ HID 35w 3000K. Nokya Hyper Yellow DTRL Bulb. Anytime Running Fog Light Mod. DTRL Switch Mod (Stealth Mode). Hyper White LED Dome & MAP Lights. Nokya Hyper Yellow Parking Lights. 20% Tinted Windows. Viper Alarm with Remote start. Blacked Out Valance. Blacked Out Badges. Blacked Out Radiator. Relocated Horns. OEM Roof Racks. Wet Okole Seat covers. SATOSHI Grille w/ FJ 60 TOYOTA Emblem Color Matched. TRD License Plate Frame. Sleepy Eyelids Color Matched. 13" EuroStyle Antenna. Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S) Retrofit w/ Morimoto 3Five 5000K Bulbs. SS Extended Brake Lines. Seat Belt Chime OFF. Wish List: N-Fab Steps. DTLT Headers. 4.88 Gears. Alcan Leaf Springs. One Piece Drive Shaft.
    Nice truck and pictures!
    Hope you like the truck!

8. Jun 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM
    subwayaz

subwayaz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson,Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Accesscab; TRD
    Super Charger, Catback Exhaust,Side Wind Shades, & Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
    Welcome to TW; and you can't go wrong with a Tacoma. I'm on my second one now and the first one is still running around looking god at 240000 miles now(95')

9. Jun 29, 2012 at 5:56 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome!

10. Jun 29, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    blacksheep515

Member:
    Thank you for all the warm welcomes, everyone. Appreciate it!

Products Discussed in

To Top