1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Horrible Night/Need help

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tarheelfan_08, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Aug 30, 2009 at 7:23 PM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    I was sitting in the McDonalds drive thru tonight when I stupidly dropped my credit card down my window pane. I had to take the entire inside of the door off and go into the plastic and get the card out! And when I did I broke a piece on the truck! There is a small piece that is in the top right corner of the inside door panel. It snaps in and holds the leather piece to the rest of the door and the pannel. It is just a small little plastic piece(i can take pictures tomorrow) It is in the top right about one ince from the window seal...if anyone knows what I am talking about and how I can get a replacment piece...I would greatley appreciate it!!!!

2. Aug 30, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    dealership and itll prolly cost 5 bucks, good luck

3. Aug 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    What will they do just look at the piece and order it for me??? Can they really order small rinky dink parts like that??

4. Aug 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM
    Griztaco

Griztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    are you talking about the clips that hold that triangular piece above the window in the corner? I lost one of those as well, but I still had the other two and they still do a good of job of holding it on so I just forgot about it.

Otherwise I think the dealer can get some for you.

You really have to go easy when putting that panel on, or those plastic peices will be pushed through their own hole and into no mans land.

5. Aug 30, 2009 at 7:36 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    hes got a 1st gen so im not sure if they are the same or not but they do sell stupid plastic pieces and they are wayyyyy over priced, i lost a few of the ones the griz was talking about but just moved them around and have a couple in each and they hold enough

6. Aug 30, 2009 at 7:56 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    No...mine is right below where you are talking about! I am talking about the leather section that is about 3 inches wide and covers where the door lock is!! I have attached a picture with the section that I am talking about! In the picture though you can not c the screw I am needing but you get the idea of where its at!!

Is there anywhere on the internet to get small parts like that so I do not have to deal with the dealership??

truck.jpg

7. Aug 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    they should have some of those "christmas trees" in stock at the dealership.

8. Aug 30, 2009 at 8:04 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Yea thats exactly what I am talking about Tacomaman! Only problem is that this christmas tree is exposed and is the color of the door panel so it blends in with the leather! ! So I have to get the matching color so it does not stick out like a sore thumb lol!

9. Aug 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    The dealer should carry them. Get a couple extra for the future. Also, you shouldnt be able to see it when the door is closed, so if the color is off a bit, no one should notice. :)

10. Aug 30, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:

Yea if its a different shade of brown it will be ok! But as long as its not like black or white or some color that looks ungodly lol!

11. Aug 30, 2009 at 8:14 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    You talking about the little circular thing with a punch out center to release it thingy? lol. If so I broke mine too....never gave it another thought.

12. Aug 30, 2009 at 8:25 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:

Yes, exactly what I am talking about! I punched that damn thing and had it pop out just to get the panel off! I am also having problems lining the panel back up! Do you know how to get it lined back up in the holes or do I have to wait till i get that piece back in??

13. Aug 31, 2009 at 12:22 PM
    Speed Freek

Speed Freek Tacoma Whisperer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vista, Ca, Lake Havasu, Az.
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma V8 (LS1) swap
    LS1-T56 swap, Z06 ported heads, cam, Titanium valves, Kevlar clutch. Now building a forged stroker (383) and all the ponies! Old setup was rod-knockin on heaven's door...
    Should line up just fine, as long as your door panel is full engaged near the window....funny I broke mine too about 3 weeks ago, still dont have one yet...

14. Aug 31, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:

Ok everyone I got the circular piece ordered today and it will be here Wednesday! But now I have one problems that seems to b a little bit worse and I got no clue how to fix it! The leather piece that goes over the door lock and the circular piece holds in has become loose! If I push up on it the entire things comes off the door and out of the window! I have tried pushing it back into place but nothing works! I need help please!!!!

15. Aug 31, 2009 at 6:03 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Any advice??

Products Discussed in

To Top