1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hot Springs Arkansas

Discussion in 'Travel' started by downtown0309, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Jun 13, 2022 at 4:03 PM
    downtown0309

downtown0309 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 4wd DC
    My wife wants to take a couple days and go to Hot Springs without the kids. We've never been. Just looking for ideas on stuff to do and local restaurants. Thanks.

2. Jun 13, 2022 at 4:21 PM
    Rock Lobster

Rock Lobster Thread Derailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dee Eff Dub
    Vehicle:
    Sport Crew represent
    The park is decent for a good hike.

The bathhouse brewery is one of my favorites for a post hike beer.

Downtown is fun, but it feels like it's trying to be Gatlinburg 20 years behind schedule. :cookiemonster: Still, fun for a meander and a bit of window shopping and people watching.

Bring a shovel and try your hand at digging in one of the quartz mines for a uniquely arkansas thing to do. Ron Coleman used to be great, but I think they got played out from their own popularity. Wegner mine is now my favorite, plus there are some fun fire roads surrounding it. I wouldn't recommend Crater of Diamonds unless you just want to burn an entire day sifting through a well combed sandbox.

Hamilton and Ouachita are good for a kayak paddle or campsite. Last time I was there I camped at Tompkins Bend on Lake Ouachita, actually preferred it over the N.P.

Get used to "Arkansas time". It's like island time, but with pickup trucks. All the country roads in the area are full of old fogies that like to putt along at 45mph. Don't expect to get anywhere fast

downtown0309[OP] likes this.
To Top