1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How did you install your long travel?

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by Lil'Taco, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Aug 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    Lil'Taco

Lil'Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner Sport DCSB
    Total Chaos +2" Long Travel, Coil Bucket Gussets, Spindle Gussets, LCA Cam Gussets, Glassworks 4" fenders, B.A.M.F. rock sliders with fill plates, Decked Drawer system, aFe CAI, Borla Cat-back exhaust, Blitzpro 21S LED light bar w/ B.A.M.F. behind the grill light bar mount, Red Label Off-road tube bumper, Redline hood struts, Grillcraft grill, Weather Tech floor mats, HID headlights and fog lights... It has more stuff done to it now.
    So I've ordered a total chaos lt suspension for my front end and am trying to get it installed. I would like to do it myself but also ordered all the gussets to go along with the install, so I need a welder and someone to weld them.

Just to do the front end and gussets how did everyone get theirs done? Just take it to a shop, have someone come and weld them where the truck is apart in pieces? I'm struggling to find someone to come help weld and just need some help on how to get this project done!

2. Aug 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    No friends nearby that have a welder? I suppose if no one is around, just take it to a shop and have them weld them on. They should be able to get in there as long as the tire is off.

3. Aug 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM
    Shiftytaco

Shiftytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Mesa, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Work in Progress
  4. Aug 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    Lil'Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    Total Chaos +2" Long Travel, Coil Bucket Gussets, Spindle Gussets, LCA Cam Gussets, Glassworks 4" fenders, B.A.M.F. rock sliders with fill plates, Decked Drawer system, aFe CAI, Borla Cat-back exhaust, Blitzpro 21S LED light bar w/ B.A.M.F. behind the grill light bar mount, Red Label Off-road tube bumper, Redline hood struts, Grillcraft grill, Weather Tech floor mats, HID headlights and fog lights... It has more stuff done to it now.
    I've already talked to Jerry at B.A.M.F. He would be able to do the welding at his shop but wouldn't be able to have the truck torn apart at his shop. So I would be installing everything driving it there uninstalling welding reinstalling and then getting an alignment done. Sounds like a lot of unnessisary work.

I was hoping to do all the other work myself to save some money and finally get some use out of my degree... Minus the welding part of course.

The fenders will be ordered soon, and installed before I take it off road.

5. Aug 13, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    Lil'Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
  6. Aug 13, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    are you planning on buying one?
    there are tons that would work, some better than others, some worse.

it really depends, how much are you going to use it in the long run and what on? thats the deciding factor on which one you should get in my opinion.
    also, whats your budget for one

7. Aug 13, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    Lil'Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    I was looking around to maybe rent one for Jerry to use since he said he wouldn't bring his to my house if I were to do it there.

Products Discussed in

To Top