1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How did you meet your wife/husband?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by dysfunctnlretard, Oct 24, 2010.

?

Where did you meet your wife/husband?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2010.
  1. Through a friend

28.1%
  2. Work

12.5%
  3. Bar/Nightclub

6.3%
  4. School

18.0%
  5. Other [explain]

35.2%
  1. Jan 2, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    Classic case of boy-meets-girl next door. Broke-up with my then GF to pursue her vigorously for nearly a year. I knew, even when she was only 14, and I 17, that she was special. And I was right. She's extremely caring, generous, and highly successful, and frankly, too good for me. Celebrated 20 years married last fall :)

photo3_19c642bf141181ff302d39aab6b34c064a0723c2.jpg

2. Jan 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Met My wife in a yahoo local chat room. I was bored and single after a recent break up and what do you know, found the LOML on an online chat room. Went on a couple of dates, dated through my last semester in college and then moved in together later that year, married about a year later. That was 8 1/2 years ago.

3. May 14, 2014 at 5:36 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    Went to the movies on a blind date with my buddy's girlfriends sister. Lethal Weapon 4 was the movie we went to see and we have been together ever since, 16 years married this summer.

4. May 15, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    pipelayer_99

pipelayer_99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    This sounds like an adult movie but I met my wife in a hotel hot tub in Indianapolis. I just found out my mom was terminally ill with cancer and my wife was in town visiting a friend. I lived in St Louis and her in Denver at the time. We talked for awhile and then decided to meet up later to talk(her friend was suppose to come but decided to not be the third wheel). We went out seperate doors from the pool and after cleaning up I opened my door to find out she was staying directly across the hall from me so she was standing there and we just laughed. Talked all night, two weeks later I drove from St Louis to Denver for the weekend(why the hell not, i had nothing better to do) to see her and we have been together ever since. She moved to STL for a couple years and now we are back in Denver. Married almost 6 years and have 2 daughters.

5. May 15, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    LowerBost

LowerBost Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Sport
    Old Man Emu Lift w/ Dakars and Billsteins, K&N Intake, Throttle Body Space, Front Bull Bar, Side Rails, Painted Stock Rims, Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks, Third Brake Light Cover, Satoshi Grill Mod, BHLM Mod
    Deathly afraid of being married, banking on stalling until i'm at least thirty....we'll see

Met my girlfriend through my sister. They worked together at a baby store.

6. Jul 19, 2015 at 4:17 PM
    Mobtown Offroad

Mobtown Offroad Boss

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Harrington, DE
    Vehicle:
    2002 SR5 4Runner
    She worked at Valvoline, I stopped in for an oil change because it was winter and I didnt feel like freezing under the truck. 3 years later, here we are. Getting married in two weeks and expecting our first child in March.

Maticuno likes this.
  7. Jul 19, 2015 at 5:15 PM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    First grade at a private school. I was the weird kid and she liked to bite (not much has changed). We only mildly associated back then, lost contact when we went separate ways in middle school, then found each other again in college on Myspace (remember that website?). First true date and it was all over. 7 years, 2 adopted children, and one bio child on the way.

NorthwestCruiser and Crom like this.
  8. Aug 12, 2015 at 9:37 PM
    Richard Francisco

Richard Francisco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Auburn, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    Man. We are on the same boat. Except my wife was a sales associate at one of our accounts. Lol.

9. Aug 12, 2015 at 9:39 PM
    clementsme22

clementsme22 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Tacoma TRD sport
    none
    I met my wife in a shower!

10. Aug 12, 2015 at 9:42 PM
    clementsme22

clementsme22 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Vehicle:
    2007 Silver Tacoma TRD sport
    none
    I was a Certified Nurses Assistant working at a Rehab center, my wife was showering a stroke patient that only spoke Spanish, It happened to be my first time working with her. I heard her ask for anyone who spoke Spanish and went and helped her. our hands met under the suds, our eyes met, the rest is history. our first kid is due in 12 days.

Maticuno and T4RFTMFW like this.
  11. Aug 12, 2015 at 9:52 PM
    GHOST SHIP

GHOST SHIP hates you.

Member:
    First Name:
    GHOST
    When I first saw this thread I wanted to post something stupid like "farmersonly.com" or "cougarslife.com. After reading a few posts and seeing some actually sweet stories, I guess I'll share:
    She was my younger sister's close friend and was always around. 6 years younger than me and even though she was cute, I never considered her an option (don't mess with my little sister's friends... well that and she was like 12 when I met her). I'm a bit of a quick witted smart ass. When she got older, turns out she could give me a run for my money in that aspect. Fast forward 10 more years and the stars aligned and we both happened to be single at the same time. One thing led to another and we just celebrated our 8th "assholeversary". Can't imagine my life without her. She keeps me grounded and reminds me what's important. Not a day goes by where we don't make each other laugh.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    Maticuno likes this.
  12. Aug 12, 2015 at 9:56 PM
    Artruck

Artruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lawrence, KS
    Vehicle:
    '09 Super Basic
    I met my wife when we both worked at a pizza place in college. I didn't talk to anyone and she made it a point to make me, so then I talked to her. Lucky for me she is patient, because it was 9 years of knowing each other and 7 years pf dating before we were engaged. Have been married one year. She put up with alot of bullshit of mine for along time before I got myself together.

13. Aug 12, 2015 at 9:58 PM
    Mattynokes

Mattynokes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    18' BLACK Off Road DCSB
    Prinsu Toprac TRD Beadlocks Century Shell
    I was my wife's therapist.

14. Aug 12, 2015 at 10:04 PM
    Mattynokes

Mattynokes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    18' BLACK Off Road DCSB
    Prinsu Toprac TRD Beadlocks Century Shell
    There's actually two stories we like to tell.
    1. She was a teacher at the high school I went to.

2. I was her therapist.

Both true.

She was a math teacher at my old high school and I met her when I was helping the Athletic Trainer at said high school. About a week later she came into the clinic I worked at after she had knee surgery and I was her therapist.

Married 10 years last month.

Products Discussed in

To Top