1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do i know if i have the TRD model or the Sport model?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GunMetalSteak, May 14, 2008.

1. May 14, 2008 at 1:54 PM
    GunMetalSteak

GunMetalSteak [OP] Active Member

Member:
    LA, CA
    Vehicle:
    07' PreRunner SR5
    Hood scoop, side steps.
    i bought my 07' PreRunner DC SR5 2wd used, I do not have the TRD stickers on the back sides. I also do not have the 110v power outlet in the bed of the truck. and I do not have the owners manual.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

2. May 14, 2008 at 1:59 PM
    Dcrooks84

Dcrooks84 Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab SR5 Pkg #8 lng bd 4X4
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    Sounds like you have one of the SR5 packages not a TRD. They are separate things. I would assume you do not have the hood scoop either, that is a dead give away on the sport. But the way it sounds is you have a SR5 package.

3. May 14, 2008 at 1:59 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    if you dont have the outlet you dont have a TRD. ALL TRD models come with the outlet

4. May 14, 2008 at 2:00 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    what color are your shocks?

5. May 14, 2008 at 2:09 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    If he had the TSB done it wouldn't matter.

Post a pic of the interior. Thats the only 100% to know for sure.

6. May 14, 2008 at 2:16 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    thats why i asked. someone could have gotten the TSB done and then sold it as a TRD even though it doesnt have the other options. interior doesn't matter, if he doesnt have an outlet he doesnt have a TRD

7. May 14, 2008 at 2:23 PM
    GunMetalSteak

GunMetalSteak [OP] Active Member

Member:
    LA, CA
    Vehicle:
    07' PreRunner SR5
    Hood scoop, side steps.
    I do have a hood scoop but i am fairly positive that it was upgraded.

8. May 14, 2008 at 2:40 PM
    sixonthefloor

sixonthefloor Active Member

Member:
    Orange Park, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Silver 05 Tacoma Sport 4x4
    3" Toytec Lift w/Nitto Terra Grapplers ATs on Enkei 17x8 wheels, custom 2 tone leather, DVD headrests, AVICZ-2 Nav unit with Blue tooth/rearview back-up and XM radio, PIAA 550 lights, TRD intake w/ AFE dryflow and wrap, TRD exhaust, PIAA back-up and bed lights and Grillcraft from hood scoop to bumper.
    Sounds like you have the SR-5 package with a modded hood to me. The sport gives you color matched door handles, mirrors and bumpers with a hood scoop and limtd slip diff. TRD offroad gives skidplates and BFG tires with an E locker but has the normal black handles and mirrors. Both TRD models give you a sticker on the back of the truck Bilstein shocks and a special suspension to go with your TRD package. The SR-5 does not have a sticker on the back of the truck and I believe it has and open diff. Check on some of these options to see if you have them to possible be more certain

9. May 14, 2008 at 4:51 PM
    Dcrooks84

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    There are different levels of the SR5 package, unless it was changed from 2005. I have the limited slip dif, I think the only things it doesn't have is the bed outlet, bilstein shocks, and seats.

10. May 14, 2008 at 4:54 PM
    RememberMorrison

RememberMorrison Yeah, I'm that Guy

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver DC SB TRD OR TOW PKG
    I saw a guide to each model year and package, on a tacoma forum. Anyone know what I am talking about?

11. May 14, 2008 at 8:56 PM
    zmtnbik

zmtnbik FMLYHM

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Trd Off-road
    Donahoe (Icon) C/O, TC UCA's, Dakar leafs, BilStein 5125's, 285/70/17 BFG MT KM2's, Raceline Renegade 17x9's, u-bolt flip kit, debadged, TRD CAI, TRD exhaust, URD MAF controller, 20% front window tint, 3M clear bra on bumper, cam locks in all storage compartments, fog light mod, Alpine X100 deck, Co
    Also 16" alloys, Off-road, 17" alloys, Sport.

12. May 15, 2008 at 1:55 AM
    Dcrooks84

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    I hope this will help clear any possible confusion. There are alot of the items on a TRD that you can get on an SR5, and yet there are others that you can not get at all.

Enhancement Package (HE) -- Defroster-linked air conditioning and 15-in. styled steel wheels with P215/70R15 tires
    Standard Package #1 (BZ) -- Defroster-linked air conditioning and sliding rear window
    Standard Package #2 (BY) -- Defroster-linked conditioning, bucket seats with center console and sliding rear window
    Convenience Package #1 (CP) -- power windows/door locks/outside mirrors, remote keyless entry system, cruise control and sliding rear window with privacy glass
    SR5 Package #1 (SE) -- Standard Package #2 plus chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, metallic-tone instrument panel trim, variable intermittent windshield wipers, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, and SR5 badging and upgraded seat fabric
    SR5 Package #2 (SL) -- Convenience Package #1 plus chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift lever, variable intermittent windshield wipers, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, and SR5 badging and upgraded seat fabric and driver’s seat with lumbar support (4-cylinder models)
    SR5 Package #3 (SN) -- SR5 Package #2 plus fog lamps (V6 models)
    SR5 Package #4 (UH) -- SR5 Package #2 plus 16-in. alloy wheels with P245/75R16 tires (4-cylinder models)
    SR5 Package #5 (SF) -- SR5 Package #2 plus fog lamps and 16-in. alloy wheels with P245/75R16 tires (V6 models)
    SR5 Package #6 (SG) -- SR5 Package #3 plus limited-slip rear differential
    SR5 Package #7 (SH) -- SR5 Package #3 plus limited-slip rear differential and Towing Equipment (see desc. below)
    SR5 Package #8 (SJ) -- SR5 Package #5 plus limited-slip rear differential and Towing Equipment (V6 models) (see desc. below)
    TRD Off-Road Package #1 (OC) -- SR5 Package #3 plus off-road tuned suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 16-in. alloy wheels with P265/70R16 BFGoodrich® Rugged Trail T/A tires, locking rear differential, engine skidplate and fuel tank protector, front tow hook, 115V/400-watt deck mounted power outlet, multi-function overhead console with compass and temperature gauge, sport seats with sport fabric and driver's lumbar support and sport fabric, and TRD Off-Road graphics (V6 models)
    TRD Off-Road Package #2 (OG) -- TRD Off-Road Package with Towing Equipment (V6 models) (see desc. below)
    TRD Sport Package #1 (PY) -- Sport suspension with Bilstein® shocks, 17-in. alloy wheels with P265/65R17 tires, limited-slip rear differential, 115V/400-watt deck-mounted power outlet, fog lamps, power windows/door locks/outside mirrors, remote keyless entry system, cruise control, variable intermittent windshield wipers, multi-function overhead console with compass and outside temperature gauge, color-keyed grille surround/bumpers/mirrors/door handles/overfenders, sliding rear window with privacy glass, sport seats with driver’s lumbar support and sport fabric trim, metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, and TRD Sport graphics (V6 models)
    TRD Sport Package #2 (PT) -- TRD Sport Package #1 with Towing Equipment (V6 models) (see desc. below)
    TRD Sport Package #3 (PM) -- TRD Sport Package #1 plus auto-dimming electrochromic rearview mirror
    TRD Sport Package #4 (PK) -- TRD Sport Package #1 plus auto-dimming electrochromic rearview mirror and Towing Equipment (V6 models) (see desc. below)
    Towing Equipment (TO) -- Class IV towing hitch, transmission oil cooler (automatic transmission models), supplemental engine oil cooler, heavy-duty battery, 130-amp alternator and 7-pin connector with converter

13. May 18, 2008 at 11:20 AM
    Nocturnall

Nocturnall Member

Member:
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Bone Stock
    Oh I'm happier and happier I bought my Tacoma. There are no stickers on it saying SR5 or TRD but I have the bed outlet, 16 inch rims 265/70/16 tires, rear locker, access cab, lumbar in the driver seat......So am I to understand I have a TRD sr5? Also only 2wd, bumper, door handles, everything matches the blue of the body and it has a factory tow package and alarm...and tint.

14. May 18, 2008 at 11:28 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    maybe its the TRD off road

Products Discussed in

To Top