1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do you disable the key left in buzzer?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tom, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Mar 19, 2008 at 8:48 PM
    Tom

Tom [OP] New Member

Member:
    On acreage South of Noble, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Off Road Double Cab
    TRD Cold Air Intake. Seeking 2011 Silver Sport Hood anyone know where to look ???
    I've lived with the buzzing... chiming Tacoma's since 2006. My hunting buddies call it a "Pontiac" with all chiming and dinging sounds !!! I just bought a 2008 Tacoma Off Road and now they've added the seat belt chime..... Living in the country getting in and out at slow speeds this was driving me crazy. I think I found the answer on here this evening to disable the seat belt chime. NOW HOW DO YOU DISABLE THE KEY IN IGNITION CHIME !!! Please help.

2. Mar 20, 2008 at 3:34 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Welcome to TacomaWorld!

Sorry that's not helpful but heck, it IS friendly. :D

3. Mar 20, 2008 at 8:05 AM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    Really pretty simple. Remove key or close the door.;)

4. Mar 20, 2008 at 9:16 AM
    Angus_NB

Angus_NB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Riverview, NB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tundra DC SR5 4x4
    I don't care where ya live, getting in and out at any speed other than stopped seems kind of dangerous. :)
    What exactly do you mean?

5. Mar 20, 2008 at 9:36 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Remove the instrument cluster and then yank the buzzer off.

6. Mar 20, 2008 at 10:00 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Hey Isocoee, your pussy wont stop staring at me. Can you do something about it? :frusty:

7. Mar 20, 2008 at 11:28 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    [​IMG]

8. Mar 20, 2008 at 11:44 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Sweet. Cat fight! :D

However, the one in your truck keeps staring at me. I'm a little intimidated to read your posts with a pussy cat staring at me.

9. Mar 20, 2008 at 12:49 PM
    Tom

Tom [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Cold Air Intake. Seeking 2011 Silver Sport Hood anyone know where to look ???
    Gentlemen, I would like to thank all that tried to help, but apparently I stumped all of you.... cuz there is still is no good easy answer on the key reminder chime. (This ain't no city girl truck, if you can't remember your key and you don't have sense enough to have a hidden one.... then chime on) GAWD I hate that chimin crap !!!!!!!!!! I would certainly like to thank the guy that posted the "disable seat belt buzzer" it worked exactly as you said. Very much appreciated !!! Guess I'll go on driven an "Off Road Pontiac" just a chimin and a dinging through the deer woods....that looks like a double cab Tacoma 4X4. Great trucks and I love em. FYI - I had the dealer install the TRD Cold Air intake with a high performance foam filter before I drove it off the lot. The power and gas mileage is unreal. My 08 (with cold air intake) gets 2 mpg better than my 06 Tacoma same truck.

10. Mar 20, 2008 at 8:01 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Hang around here long enough and you'll see most threads dissolve into off topic "discussions" after approximately 2.3 posts. :D

On a serious note, the only way I've heard is to pull the cluster and yank the buzzer. Other than turn the key to ON. The chime goes off after a few seconds so if you want to have the radio on or something while the doors are open, that works. I don't know if the battery would drain too much over night or a couple days if you did that and turn all the lights, fan and radio off though. The cluster lights would stay on unless you turned the dial down.

I'll see if I can track something down on Toyotanation about it. I've heard it mentioned before.

11. Mar 20, 2008 at 8:09 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Well, you can try this: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t113318.html

But, like a few people have said the headlights don't turn off with the driver door opening, and keyless entry won't lock the doors. Both because the truck thinks a door is still open. And maybe the dome light stays on too.

12. Mar 20, 2008 at 8:33 PM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
    Tom,

I have been trying to find a good fix for this without tearing a component off the back side of the dash for almost 3 months.
    No pun intended, but Good Luck!

13. Mar 21, 2008 at 6:48 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i understand the seatbelt thing cause there are times when you are barely moving and getting out alot so a seatbelt is stupid, but the key buzz isn't bad. what do your friends drive that doesn't have a key buzzer? every old truck we have ever had buzzed when the door was open and key in it

14. Mar 21, 2008 at 10:43 AM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
    NDcouch,
    It's just been a lot easier on past vehicles. On the 95.5-2004 Tacoma's the buzzer is right behind the fuse panel door. There are ~10 wires that lead to the buzzer and each one is an individual trigger. So I just isolated which one was the door and seatbelt, removed the pins from the connector, taped them onto the wire bundle to secure them and kept the headlight buzzer, etc.
    The new Tacoma's have that combination meter that all the wires go into it and only one feed comes out that triggers the buzzer. So you loose the seatbelt, reverse, parking brake and key buzzer. OR you disconnect the door open wire and loose the interior lights, keyless entry, headlights auto off and key buzzer. What a crock.

For justification: If I leave the key in and get out, I don't like to announce to the rest of the world that I did so. If I accidentally left my key in and locked my doors, although I believe it won't do that with the key in, without the key fob (Also attached to key!!). My 97 unlocked immediately after I pushed the door lock switch and the key was still in there. Lastly, If I'm out hunting it tends to scare away the game.

Sorry to get long winded, I'm kinda passionate about this topic!! :D

15. Mar 21, 2008 at 11:12 AM
    Tom

Tom [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    so, why are you troubling me with your reply. Basically, it said NOTHING.

16. Mar 21, 2008 at 11:20 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Who are you talking to?

I've already said the only way I know to disable it and that is to remove the buzzer itself.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t180314.html
    This is how to change the LED in the instrument, but he also takes out the buzzer.

17. Jun 3, 2008 at 12:27 PM
    Natedog

Natedog New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    longbed, TRD
  18. Jun 3, 2008 at 12:35 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Removing the key would work wonders for you situation.

19. Jun 30, 2008 at 12:15 AM
    jrws6

jrws6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07, Dodge Ram 35004x4 Cummins Turbo Diesel 6M
    Only 8 possible solutions, out of almost 20 replies!!!!! My Apoligies Tom!

If you have an Access cab just uplug the switch on the DRIVERS side REAR door, and the chiming will stop. I did this and have seen no adverse effects. Keyless entry still works. I keep my dome light OFF bc of insects, unless i need it. then i reach up there and turn it on. It Feels like a different truck I HATED that chiming!!!!

20. Jun 30, 2008 at 12:32 AM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    people put things in the car to keep u alarmed and safe and you guys take it for granted...but anyways do as u wish...if u really want to turn the seat belt chime off then u could connect the belt and sit ontop of it behind ur back

Products Discussed in

To Top