1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how do you remove 98 door panel?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by CUtigerfan, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Jan 4, 2011 at 5:32 PM
    CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    04 Base
    Daystar 1.5" coil spacers, bedlined bumpers, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, 20% tint, half debadged
    I'm trying to get the panels off my brothers truck and I thought it would be fairly similar to my 04. It doesn't have power windows if that helps. It seems like theres 2 pieces. The top piece is about 3 or 4 inches wide and has a clip towards the front of the truck. I looked at NCTTORA and the panel didn't look the same. Any help is appreciated guys.

2. Jan 4, 2011 at 5:45 PM
    Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    My 98 has power windows (so I don't know if it is the same). The door panel is easy to remove. Just unscrew the 2 screws on the bottom of the armrest. Pop the electic door lock panel and power windows panel.

Then undo the snap panel locks by just gently pulling the panel. I always start at the bottom of the panel by the speaker. Then after the panel is loose, remove the door opener thing by pushing it foward and after it is somewhat loose, angle it slightly. Then pull the panel off.

Just remember to be gentle so that you don't break anything.

3. Jan 4, 2011 at 5:47 PM
    Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    Also, the panel is a one piece. Even though it looks like a 2 piece.

4. Jan 4, 2011 at 5:50 PM
    Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    One other thing you can see if your door panel looks like mine, by looking at my pictures in my profile.

Products Discussed in

To Top