1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How does this deal sound? (New)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Anthony, May 7, 2008.

1. May 7, 2008 at 3:45 PM
    Anthony

Anthony [OP] San Antonio Detailer :)

Member:
    Houston - Spring/Tomball area
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner access cab 2.7L M5
    Nfabs Afe Pro Dry UWS linex'd toolbox
    They dont have White like I want, so this is on a Silver one.

2008 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner 2wd double cab Stock #822430
    6-disc cd changer/steering wheel audio controls
    TRD Sport Package
    Tow Package
    Tint
    Extra Mile Option B package
    Vehicle Shield Package
    MSRP: $28,660
    E-price: $26,379.50 (-$2000 Incentive)
    Total: $24,379.50 + ttl.

That as good as it gets or can I do better elsewhere? I havent heard back yet if that is their "rock bottom" price or not.

2. May 7, 2008 at 4:03 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    looks pretty good to me...i bought my 07 in nov 06 for 24.5 and its the same truck as urs, but i didnt get the 6 disc or tint

3. May 7, 2008 at 4:05 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    i got my '07 access cab v6 man 4x4 SR5 with a sticker of about $27700 for $24977(under invoice without any incentives) last May, so i think you should be able to do better, especially with the economy the way it is right now.

4. May 7, 2008 at 4:18 PM
    Anthony

Member:
    Vehicle:
    when they say "tint"... is that the factory tinted windows? better yet... do these come with factory tinted windows (tint made intot he glass), or do they come plain and just tint them themselves?
    Im being told that price in the first post is $300 over the dealer cost Hmm. I was really hoping to find something for $24k out the door.

5. May 7, 2008 at 5:43 PM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    I would say on a pre runner that they should be able to do a little better than that but would make them show you the invoice's to confirm what they are making over that invoice.

6. May 7, 2008 at 6:19 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    well u have to think that the trd sport package is like $3500 by itself...about the same price as getting a base sr5 w/ 4x4...

7. May 7, 2008 at 6:23 PM
    wrxed96

wrxed96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I assume the 2k is a Toyota rebate? If so that should come off of invoice. I paid 25k OTD in FL for my 06 Sport DC w/tow in Nov 05.

8. May 8, 2008 at 6:16 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    depends on if you can live with silver. personally color was important to me, and if you really want white i would hold out for the color you want. especially since they should be able to trade with another dealer for the exact truck you want and it shouldnt cost you any more

9. May 8, 2008 at 7:39 AM
    camsbored

camsbored Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC/Sport/LB
    Kenwood DNX8120, Homelink mirror, Valentine One hardwire
    Is that $300 over dealer cost including dealer holdback? That's usually 3% of the total invoice price that gets kicked back to the dealers later on.

Also, if you hold off until the end of the month when the dealer is (hopefully) scrounging to make their sales targets (to get even bigger cash bonuses from Toyota) they will often make a very good offer, sometimes even sell at a loss.

I paid right at $25k OTD for my 08 Sport DC.

Good luck!

10. May 8, 2008 at 9:11 AM
    Anthony

Member:
    Vehicle:
    no one wants to budge off the invoice... theyre staying $300 over. i may just have to wait it out a bit.

yes, the 2k is a toyota incentive

11. May 8, 2008 at 9:12 AM
    Anthony

Member:
    Vehicle:
    what was the msrp price? and how hard was it to get it for 25k otd?
    thanks!

12. May 8, 2008 at 9:46 AM
    camsbored

camsbored Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC/Sport/LB
    Kenwood DNX8120, Homelink mirror, Valentine One hardwire
    MSRP was $29,113 for 08 PreRunner DC LB TRD Sport w/ tube steps and chrome exhaust. Sale price was $27k including tax/tags/fees. Subtract $1750 rebate (which comes off final price after taxes) and it was $25.2k OTD.

I bought mine about 2 weeks ago so it's still fresh in my mind. :)

I read up a lot and used fightingchance.com to get accurate invoice pricing on the vehicle before I went in. I lucked out in that I got a salesman that wasn't full of shit, so we chatted for a bit and I asked him for his best price. I asked him about the invoice price for a few things and he even pulled up edmunds on his computer right there! The price I paid was the price he offered. I didn't have to haggle.

So long as you know how much THEY are paying it should be smooth. If the price isn't good enough, just leave and call another dealer. I sent faxes and emails to about 8 dealerships (per fightingchance.com) but that ended up being more of a hassle than I cared to deal with and my local dealer (Fred Anderson) was fine.

13. May 9, 2008 at 10:52 AM
    CAROLINA taco

CAROLINA taco SOUTHERN ALLIANCE

Member:
    CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    08 DBL-PRE-Debadged
    2" LIFT, ULTRA MAKOs, GENERAL GRABBERs, URD COLD AIR INTAKE (BLACK), URD MASS AIR FLOW CALIBRATOR, FLOWMASTER 40, PIONEER AVIC Z2, HARD WIRED VALENTINE 1, 30% TINT, PAINTED WESTIN STEP RAILS, FOG LIGHT MOD!
    thats just MSRP, minus mark up, and the rebate
    I sell cars for a living and i know that you are getting what i or the next person would get so its a good deal but its not all you can ask for.
    the dealer has HOLDBACK it is a inventory wide profit, spread out all the cars it is usually $500.00 to $1000.00 but they will not give you that and may not own up to actually having holdback but they will possibly split it with you!! Dealers do not pay invoice for cars by the way.The cars on there lot are FINANCED on a floorplan from a bank ,when you buy they pay off the cars but the shorter they have them the less they pay but no more than invoice, but they pay off for less than invoice if the car has been ther for less than 90 days, and for the cars that have been there longer than 90 days is when the holdback from the less than 90 day old car that they paid off for less than invoice even though you payed invoice for spreads out amongst the older units.
    Toyota dealers get CONTEST money as well. If a dealer commits to toyota to sell 100 new cars then when they hit 100% of there objective they win there contest money.The bigger the projected number and the bigger percentage that they hit the more $ they get. It is usually $1500. but as little as $500. PER CAR so they love giving you the invoice and the rebates because the more they sell the more they make from toyota!! YOU CAN FIND OUT WHAT THERE NUMBER IS BY ASKING HOW MANY NEW CARS THEY SOLD EXACTLY HOW MANY
    My suggestionis to find a SMART sales person what I mean by smart is someone who will work for you and work ther managers instead of working you.Find someone who seems to be happy and is not worried about helping you, the reason they arent worried and look happy is because they are having a good week or month and their managers are liking them!!
    tell them you know about holdback and contest money and you want to be car 100 or 101 (it will probally be towards end of the month) and ask them not to tell their managers what you know and ask them what there projected number to toyota is and to let you know when you can be 100 or 101 or what ever there # is!!
    INVOICE IS NICE
    REBATES ARE BETTER but this is the deal everyone gets
    but any PART OF HOLDBACK and CONTEST MONEY is WINNING BIG!!!
    AGAIN anything more than invoice and rebate is good HOLDBACK and CONTEST MONEY may be 1 number so dont look for 2 numbers
    AGAIN anything more tan invoice and rebate is good
    AND IF YOU ARE TRADING LET ME KNOW I HAVE SOME MORETIPS

14. May 9, 2008 at 4:05 PM
    45longcolt

45longcolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    Color was VERY important to me since I live and work in Texas. Black was out, dark blue is not much cooler, red's nah, silver well it's silver and bright and shiny, white is bright and shiny too. I wanted OD green but that wasn't offered so the next best thing was Desert Sand Mica!

I waited two solid months for that DC, 4x4, OR and TP truck in desert sand color. Salesman said he had never seen anyone wait so patiently for a new vehicle once they got new car fever. Since I will be looking at this hood for the next 15 + years (provided there is still gasoline around and I can afford it) and was buying new and paying "new" too, I wanted the color I wanted, period, so I waited. It was worth every minute of that wait too! Every so often good things do come to those that wait.:)

15. May 9, 2008 at 6:01 PM
    tealm0nsta

tealm0nsta Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner
    good info in this thread...
    I'm wondering about the rebate. Right now its $2k for texans. if you make your best deal then they drop the rebate off of that. Can the rebate be considered as down payment or does that just knock the price down?

Say buying base model DC 2wd for $21.5k +TTL, then need to finance but don't want to throw as much of my cash in there if the rebate is considered cash. I would rather hang on to my $2k for wheels and things like food.

16. May 9, 2008 at 6:38 PM
    Anthony

Member:
    Vehicle:
    i think right now my only option is to trade :(

and i know thats going to hurt.

i hear you shoudlnt mention youre going to trade till all the negotiating is done... but by then im sure they wont throw a decent # at all... i got offered 11500 for my trade lastnight and i owe 14700 on it. clean truck but it has some scrapes on it and high miles, something i doubt they would resell and just run thru the auction.

17. May 10, 2008 at 3:39 PM
    Anthony

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ok... heres what i got today :(

MSRP 27450, discounts and incentive -> 23745

mildly loaded SR5

they offered 10000 for my trade :(

which leaves me $4755 negative equity.

Sale Price: $23745
    Trade: $10000
    -> $13745 taxable amount
    Tax: $912.33
    Fees: $185
    Pay Off: $14754.13
    Total Financed Amount: $29596.51

Said I wanted $12700 for my trade and I left to run an errand, going to find out in about 30minutes what their finaly say is on my trade.

18. May 10, 2008 at 8:30 PM
    wrxed96

wrxed96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The most important thing is you need to be comfortable with YOUR deal. If they are that far off on what you think the trade is worth, walk away. If you have done your research you know what you really should get for it.

19. May 11, 2008 at 6:10 AM
    Anthony

Member:
    Vehicle:
    yeah they came up an additional $500 and I laughed and said thanks for your time.
    i can get the truck i really want (TRD sport in white) an hour away, for about $700 less + $1000 gift card for gas. They want to make an offer on my trade but i dont think theyll do much to makei t worth my drive so im going to bring it by a local truck specialty lot that deals with customized 4x4s, etc since a few friends of mine have had good luck with them giving them fair offers on their trucks that no dealers wanted to pay anything for.
    things are looking up :D

20. May 11, 2008 at 1:44 PM
    RememberMorrison

RememberMorrison Yeah, I'm that Guy

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver DC SB TRD OR TOW PKG
    Pretty good deal. I bought my Taco 2 days ago for 23 tax tag title. Only difference is I have the TRD offroad package and no 6 disc.

Products Discussed in

To Top