1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how importent is hub centric

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by rgtaco, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Aug 25, 2008 at 10:17 AM
    rgtaco

rgtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    baton rouge la.
    Vehicle:
    08 4x2 trd sport dbl. cab
    husky floor liner
    guys im looking at getting some aftermarket wheels:) been doing abit of research and came across acouple of threads on hub centric.. how many of you have issues with this? i am looking at some black pro comp wheels that are not hub centric. I have read a couple threads on tw about this,although im not sure i completely understand. one guy said he would not by wheels that wernt hubcentic, yet i have seen a few pics of tacos with the wheels i want that are not . i am just trying to avoid any problems. thanks for any and all input. rob.

2. Aug 25, 2008 at 10:54 AM
    rgtaco

rgtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    baton rouge la.
    Vehicle:
    husky floor liner
    sorry for the bump, would really like to hear sum input from u guys!!

3. Aug 25, 2008 at 11:38 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I have a set of pro comp rims. The are the large bore, I went ahead and ordered some lug nuts to go with the rims to ensure that the nut would center the rim on the lugs. I haven't had a problem yet. Here is a site you can check out if you wish to order the spacers which will make the new rims fit your truck
    If the link doesn't work let me know.

4. Aug 25, 2008 at 11:43 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    By the way our hub measures 106mm and the large bore rims are 108mm. Now you can purchase the correct spacer if that is the route you chose to go.

5. Aug 25, 2008 at 12:15 PM
    rgtaco

rgtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    baton rouge la.
    Vehicle:
    husky floor liner
    luk8272 thanks for the reply thats what i needed to know!! where did u by your pro comps? i am looking at 4wheelparts.com, seems like a good price.. by the way i looked in your gallery, nice looken truck.. been thinkin bout debadge but now i know im doin it. nice clean look, and free!!! any other thougts are welcome!! thanks again
    rob

6. Aug 25, 2008 at 12:34 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I personally had bad luck with 4wheelparts, their service for me was poor and they sent me the wrong rims, correct tires, but they were mounted with the letters out when I specified black out. Finally they charged me to ship the rims back. Needless to say I ordered the rims from a local shop for 100 bucks more. They installed the rims tires and transfered the Tire Pressure Monitors. They work fine. Thanks for the compliments on my truck. You should also look into removing the secondary air filter and getting and afe pro dry air filter. I like your deck and bed cover looks good.

Products Discussed in

To Top