1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How Long for Frame Replacement???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by kingston73, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Oct 30, 2009 at 5:02 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    eastern MA
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    On Oct 14 I took my truck in to the dealer to get the frame check, only took 30 minutes and they said it needs the frame replaced. It's also due for a state inspection this month, so they said leave it, it'll be 2 weeks and gave me a loaner car. I had to take the loaner back in this past monday to get new wiper blades, and they hadn't even touched my truck yet, it was still right were I parked it when I left. They told me monday it should be done by the end of next week. Just wondering if this is a typical experience for everybody? I know I'll have to pay $30 for the state inspection, and technically won't have to pay anything else to get the frame replaced, but I'm starting to worry a bit about the trustworthiness of these people. Is 3 weeks time a normal turn around?

2. Oct 30, 2009 at 5:41 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is gooder 'en chicken Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+250k AND COUNTING), 88 SR5 PU (SOLD), 98 TRD OR (CRUSHED)
    5100's all on fours
    That and the factor in the present work load with the amount of techs.

3. Oct 31, 2009 at 12:22 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    eastern MA
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Well, I should have been patient, I got an email this morning and then immediately after a phone call saying my truck was done. Everything looks good, it's the first time I've ever seen a brand new shiny frame and rear springs. I decided to sell my Alcans and keep the OEM springs since I don't know how long I'll own the truck, and the OEM's are a little bouncier than the Alcans so I decided to do the "helper spring mod" after reading about it here. It seems to work pretty well, especially for only $30. It's funny, now every time I see a 1st gen I wonder if the owner knows about the recall/replace. All in all I'm really satisfied with Toyota's service!

To Top