1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How much brake fluid do I need?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Beau02, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Dec 8, 2009 at 5:52 PM
    Beau02

Beau02 [OP] Black Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 Limited TRD V6 Auto (234k+, 1-owner)
    Lots of small stuff; Grillcraft MX, Bilstein 5100's, Deck Plate Mod w/ AFE air filter, Airaid MIT, braided SS brake lines, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts, Extang Full-Tilt tonneau cover, fog light mod, gray wire mod, power outlets on-demand, Diff breather ext, additional contours to passenger side from oak tree.
    Sometime soon I'm planning to replace my brake fluid. I'm also considering replacing the lines while I'm working on it (probably Goodridge G-Stop braided). I've never replaced the brake fluid myself, so I was wondering how much I'll need to have on hand to cover the job? I can't seem to find any volume/capacity information in my owner's manual or FSM...

2. Dec 9, 2009 at 5:56 AM
    El Taco

El Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    STP MN
    well, here's what I would do:

just buy two bottles and keep adding as you need when you're bleeding the lines.

if you're installing new lines, you may need more but don't quote me on this one (depends on how much you lose), never had or needed to replace my lines, although i may just be doing the braided lines like you are.

bleeding is simple, what i do is add a little over the "max" line, close the cap so no air gets in, then presume to bleed the lines. <<< with you application, you may have to compensate a little over. good luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top