1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How much feet of wire did you buy?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Ihatetacomas, May 3, 2015.

1. May 3, 2015 at 1:30 PM
    Ihatetacomas

Ihatetacomas [OP] Because tacomas hate me

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Elko NV
    Vehicle:
    '12 White LB TRD Sport
    Used @ 23,283 Volant Intake (w/ scoop)(removed August 2016), BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover, (drain tube mod), Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock, Stampede Vigilante Premium VP Series Hood Protector, 5lb Extinguisher, Shovel & Axe mounted in bed, Shok Industries Sound Deadener, Mercury: (K62, MGR-1200, MGR-495) Triton 8" Subs, Custom-Made: Sub Box, Speaker Templates, Vapor Barrier, All-Pro Bumper w/Kickouts, hidden trailer hitch, wooden cup-holder Misc: Knukonceptz RCA, speaker, and power wires, Big 3 Upgrade, a very full Husky technician tool box
    Such as speaker wire and power/ground wire.

I'm planning on either placing my amps by my sub (which would shake the sh*t out of them) or under my seats, which means I'd have to protect them somehow... Anyways, I measured about 10 feet from the battery terminal to the rear, about 6 to the driver seat, then to compensate for 2 amps would make it 12-14 ft. so its not too tight.

Oh and im using a distribution block, 1/0 to 4 ga, and the big 3 upgrade.

How much wire did everyone use? I don't mind buying too much as long as I don't have rolls and rolls of wire I didn't use.
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  2. May 4, 2015 at 10:38 AM
    manethon

manethon TTAS

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Unknow
    Many
    For power wire i cut lengths of 16 feet to allow for tolerance ( battery to the rear wall )
    4-5 feet for ground

It also depends where your placing the D-blocks but as a general rule thats what i cut for clients

Speaker wire i do 40 feet per door running active but again most people run passive cross overs so depending where you place the cross over it will shorten that length

3. May 4, 2015 at 10:49 AM
    Ihatetacomas

Ihatetacomas [OP] Because tacomas hate me

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Elko NV
    Vehicle:
    '12 White LB TRD Sport
    Used @ 23,283 Volant Intake (w/ scoop)(removed August 2016), BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover, (drain tube mod), Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock, Stampede Vigilante Premium VP Series Hood Protector, 5lb Extinguisher, Shovel & Axe mounted in bed, Shok Industries Sound Deadener, Mercury: (K62, MGR-1200, MGR-495) Triton 8" Subs, Custom-Made: Sub Box, Speaker Templates, Vapor Barrier, All-Pro Bumper w/Kickouts, hidden trailer hitch, wooden cup-holder Misc: Knukonceptz RCA, speaker, and power wires, Big 3 Upgrade, a very full Husky technician tool box
    I probably want the distro block to be as close to the amps as possible, so I'm just spitballing here since I haven't actually checked to see if I can do this but right now I'm thinking if I'm going to put these amps under my seats that it should be as close to the middle, where the center console is, as possible. That way the 4 gauge runs are as symmetrical as possible, I'll pm you for more.

Products Discussed in

To Top