1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How much weight would it save?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by All Beef Taco, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Nov 26, 2009 at 11:45 AM
    All Beef Taco

All Beef Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Thornton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road DC 4x4
    Rattle canned wheels, Weathertech Floormats, Undercover Tonneau, DIY Hi-Lift jack bed mount, Demello Sliders, ARB Bumper w/ ARB Fogs + anytime fogs mod, IPF 968's, Warn M8000 w/ Amsteel Blue & Billet 4x4 Hawse Fairlead, Rear Leaf TSB, Toytec Adjustable Coilovers and AALs, Rear Bilstein 5100's, BFG MT KM2's, Safari Snorkel, Rear Diff Breather Mod
    I'm thinking of getting 100' of synth line to go with my winch. One thing I haven't been able to find anywhere is a good estimate of how much weight difference there is between both types of rope. Can anyone tell me about how heavy 100' of equally rated (say, for an 8000lb winch) wire vs. synthetic rope really is?

2. Nov 26, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    just from googling and whatnot it looks about 30 lb's less.

look up the weight of the rope you have, its online somewhere guaranteed. look up the weight of the new line your looking into and subtract the two.

Products Discussed in

To Top