1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How old were you when...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by SilverTacoEater, Sep 3, 2011.

?

How long were you with your woman before you asked her to marry you?

Poll closed Nov 2, 2011.
  1. 1-6 months

9.2%
  2. 6 months - 1 year

8.4%
  3. 1-2 years

19.8%
  4. 3 - 6 years

22.1%
  5. 6 - 10 years

7.6%
  6. Never Considered

6.9%
  7. Never want too

6.9%
  8. Make me a sammich women!

19.1%
  1. Sep 3, 2011 at 8:10 AM
    SilverTacoEater

SilverTacoEater [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    Everything feel right between us. I love the girl to death and she makes a mean sammich. :cool:
    Its weird i can't really explain why getting married isnt such a big deal to me. :notsure:

2. Sep 3, 2011 at 8:11 AM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    I sure am glad to know I'm not the only one. I am 26, she is 27. We have been together almost 4 years. I popped the question 2 weeks ago. She had put some pressure on me in the past, allI had to say was that did she want me asking because I got pressured into it? Or because I wanted to... Got me off the hook for about a year. We also bought a house together, I asked her how much bigger of a commitment did she want? LOL. But I am glad I finally asked. Now the wedding planning is driving me nuts, and boy oh boy is stuff getting expensive fast. All my mods have been put on hold, and that is lame.

3. Sep 3, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    tig1

tig1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Saint John,New Brunswick,Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    n fabs,window visor tonneau ,bilstein 5100's all round.245/75R16Toyo A/T II
    I gave her the ring 3 years ago and she gave it back 2 months ago.Were working through it.

later tig1:(

4. Sep 3, 2011 at 8:22 AM
    redes

redes Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Offroad
    double car seat mod
    We were friends for ~3yrs
    Dated for ~3yrs
    Married at 24
    Been married for 6yrs

My wife would probably argue the balance of friends/dating, but the general timeline is right.

My family and I went through some rough stuff while she and I were dating. She was there trough some family illnesses and during our first year married I lost a parent, 2 grand parents, and an uncle. After that we were always a team. I don't know that I was in hurry to get married, I just stopped questioning if we would ever be apart, why not live together, get tax benefits together, let here pay my way through school....wait, that's a different story :)

5. Sep 3, 2011 at 8:22 AM
    SilverTacoEater

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    What? Taco mods on hold?!?! ;)

Sorry to hear tig. :( Hope it all works out for ya.

6. Sep 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM
    tig1

tig1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Saint John,New Brunswick,Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    n fabs,window visor tonneau ,bilstein 5100's all round.245/75R16Toyo A/T II
    Thanks--I have lots of support from the boys at work,and her parents so here's hoping.

later tig1

7. Sep 3, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    Knew her less than 6 months before we got married 25 years later still going strong. when it's right it's right.

8. Sep 3, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    i met jennie when i was 27 and she was 19, we dated for 3 years before getting married waited till i was 30 before saying the i do's. it will be 24 years married on the 19th of this month been together 27..

9. Sep 3, 2011 at 9:57 AM
    Denim Dan

Denim Dan Confusion

Member:
    First Name:
    Erick
    Visalia Ca
    Vehicle:
    96 4x4 reg cab
    I'm 21 and I proposed at 18 we still haven't gotten married (told her it's a going to long engagement also told her it's like a promise I'll never leave her) she wants to rush it I said we should wait till we are done with college to have a stable financial situation, doesn't help alot of people say we should just get married already. Also told her it's not like I'm gonna leave her cause we're not married. It is really just a piece of paper, I do plan on getting it sometime just not now.

Don't listen to other people or be pressured it only gets you into shit. Do what you feel is right. If it's asking then ask, if it's waiting then have a talk and wait. Either way you love her so you ain't gonna leave her.

10. Sep 3, 2011 at 10:21 AM
    JRockTaco

JRockTaco Just some guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Vehicle:
    '04 4x4 V6 Manual TRD Ext. Cab Lunar Mist
    Donahoe 2.5" coilovers, Camburg UCA, Deaver leaf springs, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, Elite front plate bumper, Demello Offroad rear bumper & rock sliders, K&N FIPK, Line-X, BAKFlip G2
    Was about 5 years for me. I was getting pressure too. My advice is to take your time man, ur still young

11. Sep 3, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Met when I was 27 & she was just 22.
    Got married at 30 & 25.
    Will be married 8 years on 9/27.
    Two kids - 6 1/2 and 3 1/2.
    I'm a lucky guy....:eek:

Don't get married just to make her happy & shut her up. You have to want to commit.
    With my wife I knew the first time I saw her that she was the one...:D

12. Sep 3, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    85yote09taco

85yote09taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    3'' OME lift, TRD CAI, Built Right UCAs, 285 Goodyear DURATRACS, black steelies, Fog light anytime, DTRL, Alternating turn signal, Diff breather relocated, Carrier bearing drop, Weathertechs, Bestop, Extended SS brake lines, CBI Sliders w/kickout, Cab mount chop, Total Chaos LCA skids, All Pro skids, Satoshi(HomerTaco), Bruteforcefab ''HC'' rear bumper, Bruteforce Hybrid front bumper
    hmm... Wow this thread is meant for me haha. Been with a girl for four years now, her parents got married young so she thinks she should also. I will soon be 23 and she just turned 21. I'm sick of hearing from others that it is time to tie the knot because I'm the one who should have to want this this right? When I'm ready I will but when, I don't know for sure.

My question is that do I continue to make her wait, and listen to the nagging to get her a ring? Am I wasting this girl's time from finding a significant other? Do I let her go? I'll tell you that this is stressing me out, because I am not ready.

13. Sep 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    85yote09taco

85yote09taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    3'' OME lift, TRD CAI, Built Right UCAs, 285 Goodyear DURATRACS, black steelies, Fog light anytime, DTRL, Alternating turn signal, Diff breather relocated, Carrier bearing drop, Weathertechs, Bestop, Extended SS brake lines, CBI Sliders w/kickout, Cab mount chop, Total Chaos LCA skids, All Pro skids, Satoshi(HomerTaco), Bruteforcefab ''HC'' rear bumper, Bruteforce Hybrid front bumper
    done that long time ago haha

14. Sep 3, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    SilverTacoEater

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    We are definatly in a similar situation. Mine seems pretty content but every once in a while she'll bring it up. I hope you figure out your situation, cause i sure dont know how to deal with mine. :eek:

15. Sep 3, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    Jdaniel1274

Jdaniel1274 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD 4X4
    PIAA lights, OMD leaf spring mod, magna flow muffler, oil filter relocation kit
    Do not get pressured into any decision, like marriage. Do it when the time is right for you and your girl friend. Every body else will always have an opinion, you have to live with the decision, not the others. You will know when the time is right.

16. Sep 3, 2011 at 12:56 PM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors
    My wife and I met on 9-11-01, it was set up long before but when the shit hit the fan everyone that was going to go went home to their loved ones. I was going home to an empty apt, my sister was going home to an empty apt. and the girl I was spozed to meet was also going home to an empty place. So instead of making a date of it we just drank and talked. We got married about three and a half years later. It was the second for both of us so we went to a justice of the peace, and got hitched on 12-3 04.

17. Sep 3, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    SilverTacoEater

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Stock
    Good story! Funny how things work out sometimes!

18. Sep 3, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
  19. Sep 3, 2011 at 1:57 PM
    BigBiscuit

BigBiscuit Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mass.
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DCSB MGM
    We were together for 3 years and now married for 31. :)

20. Sep 3, 2011 at 1:59 PM
    Ghoster

Ghoster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner DCSB
    I can't say its true for every situation, but its time to get married when and only when it is a HUGE deal for you. I am on marriage number 3. on the first two I chose poorly. I was with both of them for at least a year before marriage, and both ended in FAIL. My current wife and I dated for 2 months before I asked, we were married at 3 months. That was 10 years ago this November. When its right, you will have no doubts or questions. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top