1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How the hell do you remove the storage bin under the rear seats in a DC?

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by JDMcompliant, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Sep 15, 2010 at 8:55 PM
    JDMcompliant

JDMcompliant [OP] Professional Amateur

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4x4 4.0L V6
    I've searched all over the place, and i feel like an idiot because no one has had this problem but me. I'm in the process of doing a bed light mod, and i'm trying to run the wires under the carpet to the center console. before i can do that, though, i need to remove the plastic storage bin under the rear seats. there are these weird plastic phillips head screws, but they don't do anything when you turn them. I managed to get one out to look at it, and for the life of me can't figure out how it works. how the hell do you get these screws out easily?? :confused::confused:

my rear row is in shambles right now until i finish this mod...agh! :rolleyes:

2. Sep 15, 2010 at 8:59 PM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    You can screw them all day and never get anywhere. Trust me I tried. Just take a flat head screw driver and pop the center part out/up. Once its up you can pull the entire circular piece out. I pulled mine out numerous of times. Pretty simple. Just remember, get the center piece up then it unlocks the rest of the piece!

3. Sep 15, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    JDMcompliant

JDMcompliant [OP] Professional Amateur

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4x4 4.0L V6
    thanks for the info...i don't get why they even put the phillips head if it doesn't even do anything. if it was just a flat tab thing, that's the first thing i probably would have tried :annoyed:

thanks though!

4. Sep 15, 2010 at 9:03 PM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    As for how it works. The outside piece(main big circle) has a type of tail. When you insert the center piece(aka the screw that does not unscrew) those tails expand and lock in. Once the center piece is removed the tails will close in when you take them piece out. When you are ready to put everything back together, insert the outer piece and then, push the screw back in.

Products Discussed in

To Top