1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to fix Tacoma "Taco" Lean? Help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by AAyers75, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Jul 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    AAyers75

AAyers75 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport
    K&N CAI, Bilstein 5100s, Power Stop K137 Brake Kit, 5% Tint all-round, BHLM, Satoshi Grille, Bed Lights, Black Wheel Mod, Kenwood KIV-701, Memphis MC-15 MC62, Arc Audio XDI 602, Center Console iPod Connection, Bed Mounted Hi Lift, Cherry Bomb Extreme Series Muffler, TRD Stubby Antenna, Rear Diff relocation, Plasti Dip'd roof, side mirrors and lower valance, Various interior parts painted flat black
    I got my Tacoma with 120k and didn't have the lean towards the DS but know it has 128k and has developed the lean. Its not a bad lean it just annoys me anyways I'm planning to install a 3" Pro Comp lift would this alone take care of the lean or would I need to install some additional counter measure like spacers.

2. Jul 11, 2012 at 4:31 PM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    A new lift and a 1/4" spacer on the driver's side will take care of it. a 1/4" spacer adds 1/2" of compensation lift due to the preload that it puts on the coil. Also, make sure that your rear leafs on the drivers side aren't soft, too. If you're replacing them when you do the Procomp kit, then you'll be good in conjunction with the front top plate spacer I mentioned. New springs in the rear, installed properly (most make the driver's side a little more arced to also help compensate for lean) will help.

3. Jul 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    There's not much you can do to counter the lean as your truck sits right now. If you haven't bought the Pro Comp lift yet, look into the OME 3" lift it costs a little more but it will come with a 1/4" trim packer to counter the lean.

4. Jul 11, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    AAyers75

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport
    K&N CAI, Bilstein 5100s, Power Stop K137 Brake Kit, 5% Tint all-round, BHLM, Satoshi Grille, Bed Lights, Black Wheel Mod, Kenwood KIV-701, Memphis MC-15 MC62, Arc Audio XDI 602, Center Console iPod Connection, Bed Mounted Hi Lift, Cherry Bomb Extreme Series Muffler, TRD Stubby Antenna, Rear Diff relocation, Plasti Dip'd roof, side mirrors and lower valance, Various interior parts painted flat black
    I received my lift about a week ago but I wasn't planning on installing it until I have the money to buy the wheels and tires I'm wanting to install as well. So I'm going to look into Seabass's solution since I already have the lift.

Thanks for the help.

5. Jul 11, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    ummmmmm, HELLO...........try this

6. Jul 11, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    AAyers75

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Thanks man thats what I'm going to get. Have it level in no time.

7. Aug 6, 2012 at 10:24 PM
    Kxtech

Kxtech New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    4x4 tacoma
    K&n air filter,flow master exhaust, canopy, bigger tires
    I recently purchased a 2002 4x4 toyo tacoma double cab with $130000 miles, its in awesome shape inside and out, but noticed that it leans to the drivers side, (approx 3/4 of an inch). When i went to look at the truck at the dealership, prior to purchase they were replacing the rear leafs as well as the timing belt. From what ive found searching the net, its a common issue with the tacomas?

8. Aug 7, 2012 at 3:59 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Fairly common. My 05 AC had the lean but the 08 RC did not. I actually bought 2 of the 1/4 inch spacers and put 1 on each side for 1/2 inch lift up front on the 08 when swapping out the base shocks for the leftover TRD Bilsteins never used on the 05. Not lifting this one any further and the 1/2 up front was just what I needed to level out and still have alignment right.

Products Discussed in

To Top