1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to get to passenger window on an 03?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by eskimoman, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Jul 29, 2015 at 7:36 PM
    eskimoman

eskimoman [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eskimo
    Vehicle:
    2003 Gold Tacoma
    none
    Hello everyone, our 2003 Gold Tacoma front passenger seat glass won't operate correctly, it appears as though the glass comes out of the track during operation, associated with seemingly not normal operating sounds. On raising glass we first have to manually manipulate glass back in closed position, hold it in place...long story short, any assistance from any member on how to remove the interior door panel to access the glass, track and associated gear.

2. Jul 29, 2015 at 10:12 PM
    Snowater

Snowater Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    GJ Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma sr5 V6 5 speed ( silver queen)
    Assuming you have power windows.

Remove armrest,2 screws,remove 1 screw holding door opening release,remove triangular plate for side mirror (maybe a screw under there I forget)
    Slide putty knife under bottom edge of door panel,I started at corner,pry outward.There are half dozen or so fasteners holding door panel to door frame.Lift upward manipulating door release thru hole.Mine has no power window/door locks so no electrical to release.Yours probably does.
    Peel back clear plastic moisture shield.
    Look for loose bolts/bent window track.I had a car that the regulator was damaged by trying to lower window when frozen.

It's been a while but this should help you.

3. Jul 29, 2015 at 11:43 PM
    NightProwler

NightProwler Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harlan
    Maricopa, Az
    Vehicle:
    '01 Prerunner, '03 cbr600rr, '09 R1, '03 cbr954rr
    Yeah it's really not that hard to do. I discovered one of the rollers on the scissor piece, aka regulator, broke and shattered. Causing it to come out of track. It's kind of a bitch to wiggle the window back into the vertical tracks, but just be patient with it if you have to remove the glass. You might just have a loose bolt on the bottom of the glass that attaches to the regulator. I took pictures of my fix but never got around to posting a write-up..

Edit: btw, if you need a new regulator, rockauto has decent prices. I ended up getting the whole regulator and motor assembly on eBay. Took a chance doing it that way. But it was $40, free shipping, and claimed a 10 year warranty. I also had to swap the pins in the connector on the motor as it operated backwards. Ha. But still works great and rolls up much quicker now. I plan on doing the opposite side sometime.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jul 30, 2015 at 12:17 PM
    eskimoman

eskimoman [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eskimo
    Vehicle:
    2003 Gold Tacoma
    none
    Thanks very much

Products Discussed in

To Top