1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to have a dry bed with a topper?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by BowtechDan, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Jun 18, 2020 at 2:33 PM
    apreston1

apreston1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Liberty Hill, Texas
    Note: Never did I advocate “half assed”. Applying six sigma principles you can approach 100% (i.e. perfection) but never achieve it. At some point good enough is an attainable and satisfactory goal.

2. Jun 18, 2020 at 2:49 PM
    markgphoto

markgphoto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Middle Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma ArmyGreen TRD Pro
    I've only had my shell since March. Before the shell was put on, I ran a bead of silicon under the bedrail caps. Squirted in a s**tload of black RTV in the front two corners, around and inside the cubby, and anywhere else I could see thru. Also installed the Tailgate Seal weatherstrip around the tailgate. No water issues. If I could only figure out how to seal between the shell and the cab back window so I could leave the passthru open. The shell I had on my '86 Toyota pickup didn't have a front window. Just an opening and a gasket to the cab window. Never leaked.

3. Jun 18, 2020 at 8:10 PM
    STi and Taco

STi and Taco Not a Super Hero

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tacoma SR 4x4 Access Cab Black, 2012 Subaru STi Hatchback Black, 1995 Acura Legend L Gold (RIP), 2020 Corolla Hatchback
    Diode Dynamics LED Inerior Lighting https://www.diodedynamics.com/by-vehicle.html?no_cache=1&find=2016-toyota-tacoma-115242 Hella Supertone Horns Some Joe Schmuckitelli Keyless Entry Intermittent Wiper Mod - Thanks to @moe2o4 Cruise Control Mod - Thanks to @moe2o4, again Anytime Back-up and Front Mount Camera Mod - Courtesy of @Logistics91 (amazing customer service helping me get it just the way I wanted it set up) Drawtite Class IV trailer hitch with 7/4 pin connector and P3 Tekonsha Brake Controller RokBlokz Mud Flaps Access Cab Rear Seat Storage Mod - Thanks to @Cagedodger for the original idea. Just modified it to fit my needs. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/access-cab-storage-organization.453774/page-4#post-17877877 Method 701 Black Wheels 265-70r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers Fumoto Drain Valve Weather Tech Floor Liners and Side Window Deflecors Tuxedo TruXport Bed Cover Access Cover Motion LED Light Strip. Mounted 2 in the bed. Air Dam Delete Demello Off-Road Overlander Aluminum Winch Bumper with Baja Hoop and Squadron Sport LED Spots Warn M8000 Winch Silex center console organizer and tray Full Bed and Under Hood LED Lighting A/C Condensation Drain Relocation Rostra Front Heated Seats aFe Power 51-82722 Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Si Pro DRY S Cold Air Intake System (Part #51-82722) Prolightz clear LED fog lights w/ lamin-x overlay Red line Hood struts Diode Dynamics Hi/Low beam HID conversion kit MesoJDM 4 switch cubby panel, 7 switch Center panel and Center console Coin Holder @mesojdm Carhart Gray Front Seat Covers Curtis Class IV receiver B&W Tri-ball hitch King 2.5 Front Coilover/Rear Shock 25001-119/25001-121 Coming Soon: Differential Breather Relocation Mod New tires, can't decide
    I had a 95 Chevy 2500 back in the day with a rear pass through window and a leer camper shell. Cant remember what company bit somebody made an inflatable rectangular boot that you would put in place and just blow it up like a balloon. Made it a water tight seal so i could go from the cab to my sleeping area in the bed without getting wet.

To Top