1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to sell tires? AND Are these stock?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Veccster, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Jul 7, 2009 at 10:24 AM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    First off, I have Bridgestone Dueler H/T 265/65/17 on my 09 TRD Sport...are these stock? If not, are they better than the Dunlop's that come stock? They seem very "streetish" and I'm not sure how well they'll do in the winter or on dirt roads - no moderate wheeling for me...just dirt roads.

I bought my truck new but it had some dealer miles on it. They may have replaced the stock Dunlop's to sell the truck with new tires. Or do some models come with these stock?

Secondly, how easy is it to sell a tire with 10K miles on it? What should you expect for such a tire ($$)?

What about rims...how much are people getting for stock TRD Sport (4x4) rims?

2. Jul 7, 2009 at 10:29 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yes Those are stock for your truck- Mine came with those too.

I think folks have sold TRD Sport Rims + Tires for 200-500 as a set of 4, I think.

3. Jul 7, 2009 at 10:30 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    I had the Dueler's on my truck when I bought it. They come on the Sport model. They sucked for any kind of off-road activities. They were pretty comfortable on the street. You could probably get between 500-650 bucks. I just sold my wheels and tires for 650 they had alot more mileage than that. Good luck.

4. Jul 7, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    ^ those are awesome wheels you have!

I kept reading gripes about the stock Dunlops on our trucks and I couldn't understand why mine had Bridgestones. Thank you for clarifying that. I would be happy with $650 for my wheels and rims.

Having no idea how much rims or tires cost...what did you spend on new rims and tires?

5. Jul 7, 2009 at 1:03 PM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    I got my setup for around $1850. Wheels(17x9 KMC XD Addicts), tires(BFG A/T KM2 285/70/17s), balanced, mounted, lugnuts w/locks, trimmed for rubbing, free rotations and tires insured.

6. Aug 14, 2009 at 11:09 AM
    jdtoothnail

jdtoothnail Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Wapato, WA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DC 4x4 w/ 3" Toytec Lift
    3" Toytec/Eibach Coilover lift w/ 5100s in front, Toytec rear BOSS shocks, Light Racing UCAs, OME Dakar Rear Leaf Packs w/ rear axle degree shims, Toyo Open Country A/T II LT285/75R16 (33"), Gear Alloy 712MB Injectors (Machined Black & Chrome wheels), Airaid Cool Air Intake System, TRD Exhaust, Black Head Light Mod, GrillCraft Black Mesh Upper & Lower Grill, Removed Mudflaps, Jensen VM9324 DVD player (secret e-brake override code on all Jensens) w/ Streaming Bluetooth Adapter, Steering Wheel Adapter & Rear Back-up Camera... ALL done by me, thanks to all the info here on TW. If I can do it, you can DEFINITELY do it!
    I found my 32" Tempra Trailcutter R/Ts (made by Cooper) at the Virginia Farm Bureau of all places in Richmond,VA. So I drove a little to get 'em, but they were super helpful and gave me the member price of $150/tire. I got four 16" Gear Alloy 712MB Injectors off eBay w/ Free Shipping for $550, which was a steal (the next lowest was $750 not including shipping). I had the Hobby Shop at Bolling AFB mount, balance & install them for $45 for all 4 (again, a steal) and computer alignment was $69. If you can get onto an AFB somehow, go there. Basically, tires, wheels, mounting/balancing, and alignment were all Tax Free. So it ended up being $1264 to have them on the truck ready to roll (I installed the lift myself).

I also have P265/65/70 Bridgestone Dueler H/Ts I would like to sell. The ASE Certified Tech at the Hobby Shop said I should keep my old tires/wheels, but I have a 1bed Condo and no storage space. Plus, I don't think I'd want to put those on during the winter since it's not that bad here in DC, plus have to pay for 2 more alignments every time I swapped 'em.

(1) If you guys sell your old tires/wheels, do you also throw in the spare?
    (2) I went up to a 32" tire on 16"s instead of 30.5" on 17"s. Does it matter what spare you keep under the bed???

Here are 2 pics (I'll post the rest under a "For Sale" thread once I decide how much I'll try to sell them for):

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Aug 15, 2009 at 4:24 PM
    dw77x

dw77x Those are not my pants

Member:
    SE Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Sport LB
    5100's all 4 corners (front at 2.5"), rear tsb springs with 1.5" AAL, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's
    What I saw at the dealer when I bought mine. . .the sport SB had the bridgestones and the sport LB had the Dunflops, why. . .I don't know???

Just swapped them out for some General Grabber AT2's today and want to sell my Dunflops. . .also with 10k miles on them :)

8. Aug 17, 2009 at 5:14 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    i had the dunlop grandtrek at 20 tires on mine. havent got rid of them though. are you upgrading tires/wheels? if so what to?

9. Aug 17, 2009 at 7:09 PM
    bb609

bb609 O.F.

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD Sport Access Cab
    FOX 2 1/2" CO's STOCK UCA's - They used to be Icons! Icons suck!!! TSB Rear w/Bilstein 5100's - Air Lift System - Leer 550 Bedcover - Ventshades - Yota Bed Mat - Sheepskins!!! - Weathertechs
    I just sold my 4 Dunflops with 3,000 miles on them in about an hour on Craigslist for $350. Should have asked for more I guess...

10. Aug 17, 2009 at 9:58 PM
    dw77x

dw77x Those are not my pants

Member:
    SE Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Sport LB
    5100's all 4 corners (front at 2.5"), rear tsb springs with 1.5" AAL, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's
    Hmmmm, that's good to know I was going to ask $200:eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top