1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to stop Trespassers

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by MenaceAllen, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:04 AM
    MenaceAllen

MenaceAllen [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Fargo, ND
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White TRD Sport
    Alpine W505 Deck, GPS, WeatherTech Mats, Vent Visors, 18" KMC Monsters w/ Nitto Terra Grapplers, 20% Tint, Bed Mat, Eibach Coils, Blistein 5100's, Rear 1.5" AAL, Lorado Access Cover, TREX Angry Eyelids, AstroStart, 6k H.I.D's
    I have about 30 acres of primo hunting land here in North Dakota right outside of Fargo (ND's largest city). I have the land posted in multiple area's that Hunting and tresspassing is not allowed. I live about 15 minutes away from the property and dont have the luxury to patrol it often.

I know for a fact that an @$$hole that lives close to this hunting land uses it often and tresspasses using his 4wheeler. He owns no property besides his tiny yard but still has a deer cart attached to his 4 wheeler.

Does anyone know any neat tricks how I can catch him on the property, stop him from entering, ect.? I see a spot where he has been driving around my fence line next to the river so I put down a spike strip of nails to hopefully flatten all of his tires.

I am open to hearing any creative suggestions. I have also thought about bugging his 4 wheeler with a GPS tracker but think that can be pretty expensive. Thoughts???

2. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    If you can't stop. Charge him to you your land or hire (wage=permission to hunt) him to take care of your propetry. Sounds like your asking for problems if lay down spike strips just my .02. Good luck

3. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    We had trouble like this with some family land. We just got a few friends involved and eventually caught and spoke with the criminals. We would just camp out at random times. Also we were the primary care takers of the land so we let it be known that we would be gone. Then had friends hang out. We tried the fence and tack strips but it never worked.

4. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    Capt Pie

Capt Pie Active Member

Member:
    sacramento
    Vehicle:
    sr5 V6 4WD
    GPS trackers aren't very expensive now days, but something makes me think that it might be illegal.

Easy thing first, have you tried just going over there and talking with him and letting him know its not ok and why?

I would suggest posting up one day/night with a good video camera and catch him in the act. Show him the video and let him know if he does it again, you will show the police and get him for trespassing.

5. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    If you know where he's coming in to your property, maybe set-up a motion camera to catch him in the act (make sure you get the No Tresspassing sign in the frame). Then it turns into a legal hassle though... Have you tried confronting him in person? He might be willing to pay you to hunt your land or could be too ignorant to know the land belonged to someone who cares. Those signs are everywhere around here to the point where they just get ignored. If he knows you actually care and notice, he might stop (doubtful but stranger things have happened). I'm assuming the property is large enough where fencing isn't an option?

6. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    release the hounds!!!!

7. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    talk to him. if hes cool work out a deal where he can take a deer or two if he patrols your land for you.

if hes a dick then let him know there are tack strips and cameras set up. he'll be warned

8. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    megillet

megillet Resident Badass

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB MGM 6sp
    Throw down a couple well placed proximity mines... but mark their location on a treasure map and send it to him.

9. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:23 AM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    If i were you buy some game Camera and put them where you think he goes. It will only take pictures when it senses motion. Upload the pictures and prosecute him for trespassing.

10. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:23 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I am going to suggest the game camera (as stated before) but with a twist. Purchase a broken one from ebay. Place it where the he is trespassing but make sure it is in plain site. Then place another one (working camera) that can't be seen but will monitor the other camera (broken one).

One of two things should happen:
    1: He will stop trespassing
    2: He will molest or possibly steal the broken camera while trespassing

Win/win. If the second scenario holds true, you've got him on film trespassing and stealing.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  11. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    MenaceAllen

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Fargo, ND
    Vehicle:
    Alpine W505 Deck, GPS, WeatherTech Mats, Vent Visors, 18" KMC Monsters w/ Nitto Terra Grapplers, 20% Tint, Bed Mat, Eibach Coils, Blistein 5100's, Rear 1.5" AAL, Lorado Access Cover, TREX Angry Eyelids, AstroStart, 6k H.I.D's
    I forgot to provide some background on this colorful character that is tresspassing. My Dad owns a farm about 2 miles away and has continually had issues with him. I would say this guys is a nutjob on a good day. He has made several threats to many of the neighbors who have had to deal with his BS. He drives his 4 wheeler by our farm and purposely tailwhips in our gravel driveway along side of the road to kick up gravel. He has been arrested on multiple occasions for random things. I wouldn't consider confronting him an option, especially since he will have a weapon in hand.

I understand GPSing his 4 wheeler might illegal but I would use it for personal use just to see where he is entering and going on the property. Does anyone know where to buy a cheap small GPS device that I could check via google maps or something?

I have considered a trail cam. I am actually going to post some This property is under survaillence signs where he is entering just to let him know im sick of his $hit. Im not trying to start WW3 with him but I think it is crazy that he going on my property since we do not have a good relationship.

12. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:26 AM
    MenaceAllen

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Fargo, ND
    Vehicle:
    And for fun here is a picture on the deer I got this weekend!

[​IMG]

13. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:27 AM
    98tacoma27

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    I would avoid the GPS tracking thing.

14. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    X2 you'd be better off with using a Game Camera..

15. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Then put nail strips out. its your property. do whatever you can to indirectly fuck his shit up.

16. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

Member:
  17. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:33 AM
    98tacoma27

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:

That's a good idea. You can put anything you want on your property. You just don't have to tell him about it....:D

18. Nov 8, 2010 at 9:35 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Yeah, I'd put them just after the 'No trespassing' sign and maybe a sign just after the spike strip saying, "now get the F out."

19. Nov 8, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Wow, this guy sounds like a real d*ck.
    As a civilian you can't put a GPS tracker on his ATV or at least I'm pretty sure you can't, and I wouldn't recommend you doing it. But the Police can, even without a warrant says the courts.

Anyways, I was thinking you could talk with other property owners and get in contact with the local Police department or Sheriff, Sheriff would probably have jurisdiction on this. And see if they would be able to do this or help in some way.

If they can't, you're screwed and you're going to have to just deal with Him. Or put up a fence which may result in no dear for you.

I like the game camera idea, but it may not be much of a charge or fine against him for just one property owner. But if it's multiple property owners, it could be a much different deal.

I have a feeling you're just going to have to learn to live with him. I'm guessing no amount of no trespassing signs, and possible imprisonment or fines will stop him.

20. Nov 8, 2010 at 10:39 AM
    rvcahawaii808

rvcahawaii808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cameron
    beaverton
    Vehicle:
    04 limited T4R 4x4
    my dad had this same problem. homeless people were coming into his yard/shop stealing copper wire/metal fitings etc..and then selling it. what he did was pound some nails into a 2x4 and place them upside down where the homeless people would jump down from the fence. do this except put it where he always drives into your land.

Products Discussed in

To Top