1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How was your experience with Servco?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Rememberthecaptain, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Oct 25, 2015 at 10:31 AM
    Rememberthecaptain

Rememberthecaptain [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD OR 6MT Tacoma. 2021 Venture Edition 4runner
    Look and see.....
    Good morning all,
    Finally got to test drive both the '16 Sport and the Off-road yesterday at Servco in Waipahu. Now the wife and I gotta get financials in order to build one. Just wanted to know what everyone's experience is dealing with Servco in buying new (or used for that matter). Which branch treated you the best? Which gave the best deal (if there was any difference at all)? Who should I avoid?
    Anything will help. I'm itching to get in one and want to make the best educated decision I can.
    Mahalo

2. Oct 25, 2015 at 11:44 AM
    k3v11n

k3v11n Yeah? No!

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR PreRunner Oahu Edition
    PlastiDip
    I had great experience buying at Servco Mapunapuna. I have bought from other dealerships before but this was my first new vehicle. Dana, the salesperson I was referred to, was super helpful. She made it much easier and less stressful. However my buying power (better credit & more $ down) made it easier for me to get the deal I wanted.

3. Oct 25, 2015 at 5:24 PM
    808Toyota808

808Toyota808 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD sport 6 speed manaul
    I went to mapunapuna and got mine. No negotiation roon what so ever, and my sales person to me seem to lazy to go out of their way to ensure I was happy. My sales person would not even throw in a first aid kit with the purchase. I might checkout other salesmen next time or other servco.

4. Oct 25, 2015 at 6:03 PM
    xurusaibobx

xurusaibobx Well-Known Member

Member:
    16s tacomas they wont budge like most new releases they know if you dont buy it theres 10 guys behind you that will

i be honest every says man can give you the exact same deal. the way the top salesmans at servco work is they give you the bottom line price thats how they sell 50-100 units a month. your better off waiting in the sales office and asking for the salesman at the bottom of the sales list and tell him or her i want the best deal. you need the sale and i want the truck do your work and lets make it happen

5. Oct 25, 2015 at 6:08 PM
    808Toyota808

808Toyota808 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma 4x4 TRD sport 6 speed manaul
    very true. i knew that going in and i had a price i was willing to pay even if there was no negotiation, i just hated how lazy my salesmen was. :p

6. Oct 25, 2015 at 9:00 PM
    zDane

zDane Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM DC TRD Sport 4X4
    I didn't get any final pricing info from Waipahu, but the vibe I got from there was that it was either their high price or no taco and they didn't even want to talk about invoice price. Went down to Mapunapuna and they gave me a straight price with no problems for 4% over invoice (on the truck itself) which was good enough for me, and lower than what I was expecting with the whole monopoly thing they have. Didn't try Windward.

I also had no negotiation, but the price was definitely reasonable so I couldn't complain.

I've never understood this. Yah, I can understand that for trucks on the lot right now because a lot of people would prefer to pay more today than wait and pay less, but what about ordering a truck that isn't here yet? They are going to order more regardless because all the trucks they order are going to sell so how would they lose money if they sold one to me for cheaper? They're still selling it to me for above invoice so they're still making a good amount of money. Honestly, it just sounds like a scare tactic sorta thing to pass along the message of high price or no truck but it seems kinda flawed... By ordering a truck they don't have yet they aren't missing a sale and they pay less in lot fees.

7. Oct 26, 2015 at 1:43 AM
    cubiclesurfer

cubiclesurfer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kailua-Kona, HI
    I've only been to Waipahu/Leeward. my salesman/surf partner works there. pretty much told him how much I wanted to spend, realistically, while we were surfing one day. he texted me that afternoon and I went down to sign papers. no haggling, no bs. he told me there's maybe 2 or 3 other guys who will make it happen for you.

8. Oct 26, 2015 at 3:12 PM
    hoenah808

hoenah808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trent
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    '14 AC sr5 4x4
    mapunapuna. go see mackenzie (mackey), he helped me when i got my tacoma and 4runner. very patient, and answered all my questions. i must have made him price out every single option LOL, but he took good care of us

9. Oct 27, 2015 at 8:46 PM
    zert808

zert808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    Mililani, HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 White Tacoma OR DCSB 4x4
    OME Lift Kit: Front 90021 shocks with 885 coils. Nitrochargers 60091 shocks in the rear. Medium Duty Dakar leaf pack. 17 in TRD rims wrapped with Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 265/70/17
    Ryan from Mapunapuna helped me with my purchase. Gave excellent service.

10. Nov 17, 2015 at 1:28 AM
    Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black DCSB Limited PreRunner
    :thumbsup:

11. Nov 17, 2015 at 10:48 PM
    808tacodude

808tacodude Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    i bought my truck from Jason Hijirida from Mapunapuna. He's one of the top sales guys and it definately shows. He was super helpful and would go out of his way to make sure everything was taken care of. He even made sure that my truck was ready when he was in Japan. Awesome service and would recommend him to anyone looking to buy a Toyota.

GrisMunkyNinja likes this.
  12. Nov 17, 2015 at 11:11 PM
    bullaculla

bullaculla IKA fabrications

Member:
    Da big big island!
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB Tacoma 4X4 TRD Off Road
    All pro 3 link SAS kit, Diamond axle, kings on 37" MTR/K
    I buy from Darin Haitsuka at windward. They seem to be much more laid back over there and not so pushy. He seems to be more on the customers side, but that could be because I bought 4 new vehicles from him in 4 years :bananadead:
    '12 Sienna sport
    '13 Tacoma 4x4 OR
    '14 4x4 4runner limited
    '16 4runner trail edition
    I was always against servco just because they had a monopoly on Toyotas and Lexus, so I avoided them and never tried checking them out. When the Sienna sport came out, my wife had to have one. So I bit the bullet and went and looked at one. We bought one and the experience was so great I traded in my brand new Frontier pro4x for a Tacoma soon after that.

13. Nov 27, 2015 at 6:01 PM
    trdtacomahi

trdtacomahi 2018 trd off road 4x4

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2018 trd off road 4x4
    Currently being upgraded One @ a time
    Mapunapuna
    I was just passin by when i saw that truck/my truck
    Under the tent
    I forgot the sales man's name
    My first time to own a toyota
    No negotiatons with servco
    They tell you the price and that was it
    Not a penny less
    Honestly i didnt like that part lol
    But what ever if i wnat ill get it
    And i wanted that truck
    So i told him hold that truck till tomorrow i will come and get it cashed out the door

14. Nov 27, 2015 at 10:35 PM
    Vigo

Vigo WFO

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    On a rock in the pacific
    Vehicle:
    '12 4 door
    stuff...
    I guess my experience doesn't count since my friend was the salespersons at servo mapunapuna. He's since moved on to scion, I think. I got a little over a grand off a back-ordered truck, that was meant for showroom stock back in 2012.
    I just texted him what I wanted and he let me know when it came in. I think I put a deposit down while I waited.
    I haven't let them touch the for any maintenance, but every time I've been back there for the parts counter or for my rust inspection, I've had great service.

15. Feb 12, 2016 at 2:04 AM
    huli467

huli467 Turning Octopus

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4
    The world is big...and I want to have a good look at it...before it gets dark - John Muir
    Took my truck I'm for the 2nd maintenance/oil change service. They did a great job and rotated my tires (gotta pay extra for tires not stock size - $40 bucks). Dropped off early at 7am and it was done by noon. This was at the South street service center.

Dr. Jekyll likes this.
  16. Mar 11, 2016 at 1:03 PM
    seoulja99

seoulja99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB 4x4 V6 TX Baja (1GR-FE)
    all things mall rated
    Highly recommend Robert Tanigawa at Servco Toyota Windward. Never knew the guy before I walked in and he introduced himself. Now, he feels like a good uncle to me. He gives you the prices upfront and is definitely on your side for negotiations.

Products Discussed in

To Top