1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How would you go about this?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Oat, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Mar 11, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    If she blocked him in, he should have called the cops and a towing company, in that order.

Towing it himself, he opened himself up to an auto theft charge.
    She's going to sue? I don't know that she has a civil case, but if she weren't such a dumbass, she'd realize that she might have a criminal case.

Don't touch other people's shit. Find someone who is currently licensed to do so and fuck with them in a legal manner.

2. Mar 11, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    Oat

Oat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    Exactly, no crime committed! ;);)

3. Mar 11, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    Oat

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    Well see, here's the problem sir. Half of his property is on the county right of way, half is on the city. Any time he calls the cops, the sheriff comes out, calls the city police, city police come out tell the sheriff it's their problem. Then since it's right on SR95, FHP sometimes comes out. So if you have 3 different law enforce agencies, nothing gets done. It takes usually 4-5 hours to get them to do anything.

4. Mar 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    That's horrible

5. Mar 11, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Since it's on the highway, I'd just call the highway patrol straight out.

But if she is blocking his driveway, calling the cops is just to cover your ass... not to actually do anything. Call a towing company and have it towed away.

As in "away" to an impound yard.

She'll pay $400 in towing and impound fees to get her car back exactly once.

6. Mar 11, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Your Mom
    Tempe, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 5 lug minitrucker
    4.5/5.5 drop, DJM arms, QA1 coilovers, 6lug leafs, QA1 18-way, rear swaybar, Batwing Big brakes, high flow cat, indy/hurst shifter, memphis amps, focal 3-ways, Eclipse AV unit, SunDown 10" custom box, TRD bucket swap.
    Personal property would be her case. You cant touch other peoples property without due process. Then again the right to do process is null and void now... so possibly but I think unless your buddy has a legit licens for repo still she might have a case. Does he have before and after pics and someone to vouch that he tried to call her to move her car prior to moving it?

7. Mar 12, 2012 at 12:42 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    She technically has a case. In the future call the fhp or sherrif right away. When they try to pass the buck to the other department you tell them you're tired of being bounced around and will call a towing company (or what ever needs to happen for the situation) yourself. They will usually do what they need at this point instead of transferring you to another agency.

An even better solution for the future would be to go to homedepot, grab some no parking tow away signs, or do not block the driveway tow away signs and put them in the driveway. With these displayed you can now just call the towing company, and IF the cops show up just point to the signs and say they were warned.

8. Mar 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM
    Taqoma

Taqoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Camburg LT, Fox 2.5x8 coilovers, Fox 2.0 bumps, Deaver e30 leafs, Fox 3.0x18 triples, Avid sliders, Yaesu 2900R, Pro Comp 7089 16x8, DDM 55w HID Hella 500FF, DDM 35w HID headlights, Magnaflow 11255 muffler, PLX DM-100 OBDII, Autometer Ultra-Lite II Boost gauge, Flex Pod gauge mount, LSK tube bumper, McNeil fenders, Fiberwerx bedsides, 285/75/16 Toyo MT's
    judge finds you guilty

awards the girl 10 free car washes...? :notsure:

9. Mar 12, 2012 at 2:11 AM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    Ok Since nobody asked....What does said 20yr old look like? It matters on how i would react. :D I mean...hell depending on her looks she can wash it in my driveway.

10. Mar 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    If you didn't damage her car when you moved it and you didn't take it to impound, what damages did she incur? She could sue you but to get anything she'd have to prove damages I think? Simply moving her car a few feet probably would be hard to prove damages. I'm not a lawyer, just makes sense to me. Of course if her car had preexisting damage she could try to say that was the tow guy's fault.

In the future I'd stick to doing things the strictly legal way. Call the sherriff, and when they come out say you are calling a wrecker to take it to impound.

11. Mar 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    Oat

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    She's alright, i mean decent looking. An update on this; she continued to park there. So my friend got his brother who works for the county to put up no parking signs. Long story short, she will be receiving a ticket any day now in the mail.

To end it even better, their lawn company came on tuesday and she left her windows down about 1 inch on all 4. Pollen dust all down the side of the car and in the interior, since their lawn is pretty much all dirt and leaves.

12. Mar 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    RV7Garage

RV7Garage R.O.U.S.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Ill Annoy
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Offroad, Nautical Blue
    Disable DRL, Jailbreak Fog Lights, ARE topper
    What does the stupid bitch think she will gain by acting a fool?

Idiots abound...

13. Mar 15, 2012 at 12:31 PM
    neonlazer

neonlazer Mechanically Goofy

Member:
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB 4x4 SR5
    :yay:

14. Mar 15, 2012 at 12:41 PM
    Graham

Graham Pay it Forward

Member:
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 TRD Black V6 6 speed manual
    I would love to see pics and a video of these events!

Products Discussed in

To Top