1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HST extinguised in BC

Discussion in 'British Columbia (BC)' started by Tacomada, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Aug 26, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    Tacomada

Tacomada [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TBC - Canadiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    The referendum to extinguish HST in bc was released today. 55% to extinguish. Discuss!

My view is thats a mistake. Long and short.. we had 5% gst and 7% pst. we went to 12%hst. Some items were not subject to the pst previously and were now subject to hst (read there was an extra 7% on SOME new items). Businesses on the other hand could now claim a rebate for the hst they paid on expenses (couldn't do this for pst) previously they collected and remitted.. Under hst they collected.. deducted what they paid and remitted the difference.

End result.. basically a shift to consumers. Buy more, pay more. seemed fair to me. Anyways, discuss BCers!

(and then i'll tell you why you're wrong and im right...:crapstorm:)

2. Jul 24, 2022 at 9:12 PM
    TacoPacific

TacoPacific Just a Joe in a Taco

Member:
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    Smartcap Evo Sport, Gar-FAB tailgate panel, TRD Performance Suspension/Lift
    Hmmm... no one took you up on this argument I guess?

3. Jul 24, 2022 at 9:15 PM
    Laxtoy

Laxtoy Dog is my backseat driver

Member:
    Maltby, WA
    Vehicle:
    99 3.4l 5 speed 4WD 2023 Limited DCLB 4WD
    Fox 2.5 DSC resi CO's w/ 700lb King Coils, Camburg uca's, T-100 rear leafs, 13WL Tundra brakes, 1" 4crawler body lift, 295/75/16 Hankook MT, Ruff Stuff u bolt flip, 10" Fox LSC resi shocks turned back on custom mounts, home built rear high clearance bumper with dual swing outs, Diode Dynamics SSC2 Pro rear floods, Skid Row front and transfer case skid, home built transmission skid, Mercerfab sliders, home built front bumper, Badlands Apex 12k winch with synth line, 4.56's, ARB rear locker, home built rack with CVT Mt. Shasta, eBay snorkel, Sierra LEDs 20" dual amber/white light bar, Diode Dynamics SS3 Max amber fogs, Mini D2S projector retrofit, Blue Sea ML-ACR, dual Odyssey PC1200's, 100 watt solar panel, 20 plate heat exchanger/home built shower kit
    You took the bait…11 years later

TacoPacific likes this.
  4. Jul 24, 2022 at 9:19 PM
    TacoPacific

TacoPacific Just a Joe in a Taco

Member:
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    Smartcap Evo Sport, Gar-FAB tailgate panel, TRD Performance Suspension/Lift
    I just thought that the OP put the time in... I should ... at least, pay him the courtesy? (assuming it's a him).

Laxtoy[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Jul 24, 2022 at 9:37 PM
    Laxtoy

Laxtoy Dog is my backseat driver

Member:
    Maltby, WA
    Vehicle:
    99 3.4l 5 speed 4WD 2023 Limited DCLB 4WD
    Fox 2.5 DSC resi CO's w/ 700lb King Coils, Camburg uca's, T-100 rear leafs, 13WL Tundra brakes, 1" 4crawler body lift, 295/75/16 Hankook MT, Ruff Stuff u bolt flip, 10" Fox LSC resi shocks turned back on custom mounts, home built rear high clearance bumper with dual swing outs, Diode Dynamics SSC2 Pro rear floods, Skid Row front and transfer case skid, home built transmission skid, Mercerfab sliders, home built front bumper, Badlands Apex 12k winch with synth line, 4.56's, ARB rear locker, home built rack with CVT Mt. Shasta, eBay snorkel, Sierra LEDs 20" dual amber/white light bar, Diode Dynamics SS3 Max amber fogs, Mini D2S projector retrofit, Blue Sea ML-ACR, dual Odyssey PC1200's, 100 watt solar panel, 20 plate heat exchanger/home built shower kit
    You guys up north are so damn nice :D Unfortunately the op hasn’t posted on here since 2018. I’m about 2hrs south of the border and I have no idea what all of these gst, pst hst mean, I assume taxes?

6. Jul 24, 2022 at 9:50 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are FOOD, not friends!

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    RIP 2006 Tacoma DCSB
    Tundra 5.7 mod
    Goods and Services Tax, Provincial Sales Tax, and Harmonized Sales Tax.

Without getting too political for TW, the HST itself wasn’t the reason it was killed by referendum. That was more a big FU to the process, or lack thereof, and dishonesty when it was brought in. Ancient history now though.

Speedfreak and TacoPacific like this.
To Top