1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

hub/ lugcentric 2005-

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Bryan07sport, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Apr 10, 2010 at 8:33 PM
    Bryan07sport

Bryan07sport [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Smyrna, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    '22 TRD off-road.
    Bilstein 6112/5100. Icon progressive AAL. Overland Torque Tune. Toyota roof rack. Toyota bed extender. Gator trifold tonneau. Bora .75" wheel spacers. 265/75r16 tires.
    I know this has been beaten like a redheaded stepchild but it has been beaten somewhat poorly and with contradiction. For the sake of this thread, I don't care about pre 05's. The way I understand it, my truck (07) is hubcentric. When I take my lugs off, the wheel is still jammed onto the hub and I have to beat it from behind (easy with the comments you horny kids) to get it off. This is hubcentric?

When buying aftermarket wheels, they don't make many/any hubcentric ones that fit ours, so we are forced to get lugcentric designs?

A hubcentric wheel is the same as lugcentric, except with that extra feature in the center to help make it stronger?

Please let me know if i'm with the program here.

2. Apr 10, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    Justin626

Justin626 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 TRD Sport DC Super White
    Toytec 3" w/ AAL, N-Fab Nerf Bars, Lightforce 170mm Strikers, N-Fab Light Bar, Metra Ipod Adapter, Scosche Auto Start

Products Discussed in

To Top