1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hum on deceleration

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by DeNeri1227, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Mar 9, 2017 at 1:30 PM
    Dacon

Dacon 2017 Tacoma TRD PRO Quikrete

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Gilbert, Arizona.
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD PRO DCSB. DOP 02.20.2017
    TRD PRO Cement 2017 TRD CAI and AFE Magnum Flow Dry Air Filter Camburg KINETIK Series Billet UCA Icon LCA skid plates Icon Coilover extended travel shocks with 700# springs Icon 2" rear shocks Icon RXT leaf springs full pack (new rims and tires soon)
    Yeh, but can you get a beaver shot with that?

BamaToy1997 likes this.
  2. Mar 10, 2017 at 9:47 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com

A dealer can and does deny a warranty claim, but they can NOT blanket void the warranty on the vehicle itself. Perhaps this is where our individual comments are a little different. My comment was directed at a dealership coming in and saying "your warranty is voided because you did 'xyz' to your truck." Which a dealership cannot legally do. (as you mentioned in your first paragraph) I do realize I did not properly explain when I said they could not deny a warranty repair. Typically what they do is say you did 'xyz' and we will not repair it under warranty, here is your quote. HOWEVER as a vehicle owner they COULD go to the corporate level and corporate can call the dealership and tell them to fix it under warranty. (Granted the odds are near zero, but I have seen it actually happen before with charter vehicle owners) So that is what I was meaning when I said a dealership doesn't have the power to deny a warranty claim completely. I have on more than one occasion seen a corporate level order come down to fix a vehicle that the dealership has denied. So no, they do not always back up the dealership, no questions asked. I was a service tech for many years, then a team leader, shop foreman, and an instructor. My wife worked at the same dealership as a warranty claims clerk doing that exact job of claims approval, denial, and claim audits, so I learned first hand how the ball rolls. (Hell, my own WIFE had me denied a repair payment because I did not follow the correct paperwork and documentation one time... I only did that ONCE, lol.) So yeah, I also have some experience in these matters.

Not in the slightest would I be frightened. Deal with that kind of stuff for years and years. I loved when I was called to testify in court for an automobile accident to prove that a driver never touched his brake pedal before impact. They were shocked at the amount of data collected by the DERM when an accident occurs, and several seconds BEFORE impact! You and I are of a similar background. Not sure how long you have been at it. I have about 30 years.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    TRDinOhio[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Mar 10, 2017 at 10:06 AM
    TRDinOhio

TRDinOhio Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Lima
    Vehicle:
    16 Trd Pro 4Runner
    No more Turd-gen :)
    Absolutely correct.
    I should have been more clear in my opening statements as well :cheers:

I been around a while as well in a few manufacturers, Oh the stories :drunk:

BamaToy1997[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. May 9, 2022 at 10:16 AM
    Skinny Bob

Skinny Bob Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 V6, 5'
    anyone find a fix on the howl? when i feather my gas at +/-60mph, i get the howl, especially when i release the pedal at around 1700rpm. i greased the ujoints, replaced brakes and rotors, drained and filled diff fluid, etc. not sure what else could be causing it unless its busted ujoints or maybe a worn carrier bearing?

5. May 9, 2022 at 11:22 AM
    cryptolime

cryptolime Here to Help

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR 4x4 2.7L
    i don't appreciate you calling us monkeys!:sadviolin:

Products Discussed in

To Top