1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Husky tools 1025 piece

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by Pella, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Jan 4, 2019 at 2:10 PM
    Pella

Pella [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pella
    Vehicle:
    SSMDCSBORFTMFW
    I’m curious what peoples thoughts and experiences with Husky tools. I’ve been looking at this Husky 1025 piece set at Home depot. I’ve always bought Craftsman but lately I’ve been unimpressed with their quality. I couldn’t see spending that much on the new, lower quality Craftsman tools. Here is a link to the set and the tool list. Let me know what you think.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Mechanics-Tool-Set-1025-Piece-H1025MTS/304196132

Tool list https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/58/5816442f-9a47-4e26-9e9e-08cb6207ce08.pdf

2. Jan 4, 2019 at 7:03 PM
    dofartshavelumps

dofartshavelumps Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR DCSB 4x4 4.0 MT
    If you have the $1600 and need stuff now then I guess go for it. I have been buying tools incrementally for the last 25 years as I have needed them. I agree that the Chinese craftsman is junk, pretty much same or worse than harbor freight. Since I have been buying stuff piece mail I have some of everything. I have the USA craftsman sockets and 6/12 pt combo wrenches, I have gear wrenches which are growing on me, I have snap on ratchets which are pricey but I like, I also have S&K stuff, K&D, Lisle, Napa, Williams, Husky, etc... Like most people, $1600 is only a fraction of what I have spent on tools, hell a toolbox can be 5x that, but you can generally get away with a good socket set, combination wrench set, screw drivers, allens, torx, and so on which is no where near the $1600 price tag. For that you can also get some taps/dies, torque wrench, feeler gauge, and other misc stuff. Not sure of your situation and what is needed but a basic set of stuff goes a long way and then you can get specialty stuff when you have spare change - buy it before you need it. I haven't had issues with Husky but the stuff I have is older and probably not as cheaply built as todays stuff. Sorry to make a short story long.

Pella[OP] likes this.
  3. Jan 5, 2019 at 5:33 AM
    Wsidr1

Wsidr1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2 x 95.5 Ext 2.7L & 3.4L A/T 4x4
    @Pella

I gotta agree about making a purchase of a bunch of basics, then buy as you need. Part of the reason is you should probably reserve some of that startup money for power tools, unless you already have them.

Read the "Must Have Tools" forum for some ideas.

Pella[OP] likes this.
  4. Jan 5, 2019 at 7:32 AM
    Pella

Pella [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pella
    Vehicle:
    SSMDCSBORFTMFW
    Thanks guys. I’ve been collecting tools for a long time. I have many brands in my boxes, but no Husky. Thats kinda why I’m asking. Sorry, it’ not a “what tools should I have in my garage” question. I have the specialty tools, power tools and other various odds and ends that I need. I’m an industrial electrician/controls tech by trade, so I have a lot of the needed items.

I would like to gift my Craftsman wrenches, sockets and screwdriveRS to my 15 year old son. So I’m hoping that this Husky set will be good enough quality to replace them with. I went to Home Depot last night to look at the quality and the items on the wall seemed good, just hope those are in the 1025 set.

Speedytech7 likes this.
  5. Jan 9, 2019 at 12:12 PM
    SnowroxKT

SnowroxKT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '18 T4R & '06 F250
    6" lift 40s
  6. Jan 9, 2019 at 12:15 PM
    txmxer

txmxer Well-Known Member

Member:
    California and Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 dc tacoma
    - Total Chaos 3.5 Long travel kit - Fox 2.5 coilovers w/ resis -Prerunner bumper -Fiberglass front fenders -Fiberwerx tt bedsides - Dmz Sua - fox 2.5x16 triple bypasses
    I bought the 400 piece and it’s been great, I’ve had husky tools in the past too but got tired of piecing together tools and not being organized. More than happy with husky. Did my full suspension install with them too.

Pella[OP] likes this.
  7. Jan 9, 2019 at 1:14 PM
    PackCon

PackCon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Vehicle:
    2017 Subaru Forester Limited
    I have a couple Husky tools just because I buy sets as I need them and I don’t spend tons of money on tools (as in I don’t buy the Cadillac version of everything).
    The little bit I have is fine quality.
    I also like: Milwaukee, Kobalt, Hitachi, Porter Cable, and Home Depots Ryobi stuff is nice.

Harbor Frieght is also a place to look for the types of hand tools you are looking for.

Is your son planning on being a mechanic or something?
    Because unless he is... I feel the vast majority of those tools are rarely used.

Products Discussed in

To Top