1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HVAC guys?

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by kris77, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Sep 6, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    UndefinedTaco

UndefinedTaco I'll eat all your food.

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Tracy, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    It's an 89 Toyota Pickup. I got some stuff done to it.. FJ axles going under it soon.
    This is what I started today on(only worked on it 4 hours)
    Re-wiring a Copeland chiller. I think it's 5 tons but I'm not sure..system was already installed.
    Using a McQuay DDC box converted for HPC, LPC, OPC, etc.
    Pretty much ran all conduit, all wires from air handler(t-stat, CWCS, etc), and stuff from outdoor tower.

Got box mounted, and bus bar, fuse block, contactors, LPC,HPC,OPC mounted and shit.

Gotta finish the wiring tomorrow, then convert pneumatic valves to DDC..gonna be a bitch. :rolleyes:

2011-09-06_16.01.13.jpg
    2011-09-06_16.24.12.jpg
    2011-09-06_16.32.111.jpg

2. Sep 6, 2011 at 6:52 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    OP, now is a great time to check for leaks where the flex ties into the main plenum run. This can be a major area for heat loss.

3. Sep 21, 2011 at 8:39 AM
    kris77

kris77 [OP] Born in the Backwoods

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    In channel Vent Visors, AVS Bug Shield, Hankook Dynapro RF10 265/70/17
    Havent checked this thread in a while.

I had to replace EVERY run from the main square run to all my vents. What the water didnt get, the mice over the last 15 years did. They had chewed through the duct and made nests inside the duct. The previous owner got rid of the mice, but nothing else.

Every connection was loose. the main run, the vents, everything was loose or just hanging.

The insulation on the main run was wet and pretty much history. I replaced it with r6 duct wrap. Re-taped all the seams with foil tape and then taped the insulation seams with the foil tape and duct tape. Used zip ties on the flex where it connected to the metal duct and then foil taped those seams.

It was a job. Took 3 full evenings, but i think it should help out ALOT this winter.

BTW, the baby power trick from the first page really helped with the insulation.

Products Discussed in

To Top