1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HVAC ?? Need help its hot !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by duckcmdr, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Aug 1, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr [OP] If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper
    My ac is tripping the heater breaker when it trys to come on. I tried the heat it started to cycle heard a buzz and breaker tripped. The ac just trips it right away. The heater unit is in a crawl space and the ac comp is outside. Hvac is my weakest trade any help or ideas would be great!

2. Aug 1, 2009 at 8:22 PM
    kevhogaz

kevhogaz Low Speed, High Drag

Member:
    Queen Creek, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    SR5 PreRunner
    3" lift front & rear, Air Raid Intake System
    You've got a short somewhere. Have you done any mods lately?

3. Aug 2, 2009 at 4:45 AM
    duckcmdr

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper

Nope:laugh: but i'm going to get the tester out today and see what happens

4. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:30 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Is your system a heat pump?

5. Aug 2, 2009 at 6:46 AM
    duckcmdr

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    I think so:notsure:. the ac run in conjuction with the heaters blower if that answers the question. how can i tell?

6. Aug 2, 2009 at 9:18 AM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    Does your unit have a gas line running to it?

Also, if it's a heat pump, the outdoor unit will run in the summer, and the winter.

7. Aug 2, 2009 at 3:37 PM
    duckcmdr

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4

Nope no gas and the unit dosen't run in winter. I'm thinking its a forced air system:notsure: I remember seeing that or hearing that:confused:. Time to call the man.

8. Aug 2, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    duckcmdr

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    The Ac man pull the blower and the motor is shot. he had to cut out my main sewer line to pull the blower:mad::mad:. WTF why the hell would they install all that shit so close when there is a 1000sqft of space down there. Shits nevere easy.

Well aleast it will be cool in here when the parts come in monday.

9. Aug 3, 2009 at 8:32 AM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    glad you got it worked out.:)

Products Discussed in

To Top