1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I am all in the 2016...Solved a Dilemma

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by TacoBella, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Aug 25, 2015 at 12:46 PM
    fredy21

fredy21 Active Member

Member:
    Holy fuck! I would drive with a pantyhose over my head if i had to drive that thing.

TacoBella[OP] likes this.
  2. Aug 25, 2015 at 12:55 PM
    TacoBella

TacoBella [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma (SOLD) leased RTL-E Ridgeline
    AVS Bug Deflector. TruXedo Lo Pro
    I am thinking "panty hose" over bag so you can still see? :anonymous:

3. Aug 25, 2015 at 1:03 PM
    amxguy1970

amxguy1970 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Texas
    Your post speaks highly of sound financial decisions yet trading in a 1 year old truck just because isn't sound. Not to mention buying 4x4 isn't a positive financial decision. $4k on 4wd option you will get maybe half that back over 2wd. Also consider the added maintenance, mpg hit, insurance costs and anything else that can further take a hit (say a failure in the 4wd system?) and it will never be an "investment" choice.

Why not stick with your brand new truck now? In a few years something better with more gizmos will come along and make that 16 feel dated, you will never be on top of the new hotness bubble. Not to mention the saved money can buy some pretty cheap stock right now with how the stock market is acting...

Tyler

4. Aug 25, 2015 at 1:32 PM
    TacoBella

TacoBella [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma (SOLD) leased RTL-E Ridgeline
    AVS Bug Deflector. TruXedo Lo Pro
    My investment funds are separate from my toy purchases. I was only 30% invested. Started selling over the past year waiting for a correction.(not sure if we are done going down though) ..so I have some seeds to plant at firesale prices. But not now. There is still some shaking going on. But I keep a separate "toy account" in a Money Market Account

I bought an 08 Vette last year for $33500 Drove it for about eight months. When I decided to sell it, I put new tires on it had all the fluids belts and hoses changed and sold it for $36900 earlier this year. (Spending money on vehicles before I sell them has always been a good thing) Made about $1400 on the car .. Took $20K of that and bought a 12 MX-5 SE knowing I was going to buy the new ND right about now..... I decided not to buy the ND for $12K more and realized for far less than that I could buy a 16 Tacoma where I would SEE and enjoy the money spent. My 12 Miata is enough fun . Don't need a new one.

I agree with the 4x4 vs 2WD. I won't use the 4x4 enough to keep it lubed. I will probably go with a 2WD but 40 more ponies and the premium tech is worth paying up for. As well as the better tailgate and interior. Its a pretty nice 10 year upgrade for far less than I was going to burn anyway on a new heavily depreciating Miata.

I also sold my bike today (the Miata is far more fun and safer after 35 years of riding) so that will be the Taco money. I will likely buy what I already have with the premium and tech, It will cost far far less than I was prepared to blow on new Miata, which has ugly depreciation. THAT would have been a poor financial decision. Tacoma's which hold 70% of their value after three years are sound purchases,

After 35 years of scrimping saving and investing what I could, I get to be a little stupid now and then..I earned it. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    border411 and CaptAmerica like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top