1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I am beyond MAD

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by outlawtacoma, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Nov 5, 2009 at 9:14 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Sorry to hear about your situation.

2. Nov 5, 2009 at 9:29 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    damn that sucks. id definitely give them an earful and try to get some money back too! thats rediculous

3. Nov 5, 2009 at 9:35 AM
    Peru

Peru Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Redmond WA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 -- V6 -- 2005 -- 4X4
    none
    Switch to email where ever you can. When people start to write things down the think about whY they say. Escalate this to as high up the totem pole as possible but do it incramentally. Some one some where is more than likely to say something they should not. If they refuse to sent you an email then get their email and send them an email with l the names. Reiterated everything that has been told to you. Tell them that if they don't respond you will assume that they are admitting responibility. Take all the pictures you can and take pictures that will demostrate they there has been no attempt to instal the rims and that there is damage to more that one rim.

Lastly if you get to the end of the process attach a copy of a letter which discussed all that has traspiered ans do a cc at the bottom to a ficticious name so they assume there is a lawyer involved. I'd be surprised if it dosent imidiately go to the top and a final decission is made in your favor.

One last thing all I post here is done off a phone so excuse my spelling. I am too lazy to go to my office to respond.

4. Nov 5, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    Peru

Peru Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Redmond WA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 -- V6 -- 2005 -- 4X4
    none
    One more thing never get rude. As a matter fact be as understanding as possible but tell th due to safety issues ans liability issues the imstallers require documentation to demostrate that reposibility os the seller of the rims so aa to absolve any resposibility to them that way you have professional opinions that demonstrate that there are serious safety issues with the rims. If these people have half a brain they will act.

5. Nov 5, 2009 at 9:52 AM
    outlawtacoma

outlawtacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    thats a good idea, my wife's best friend's husband is in fact a lawyer.

6. Nov 5, 2009 at 9:57 AM
    WCJR

WCJR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    W
    Contact the card company now. I always use amer/ex whenever i buy a big ticket item. If there is a problem and you call them they instantly stop the charge and credit your account. They start an investigation and if the other guy does not reply and or you have proof if needed it is over. Also keep details of all you do to correct this.

7. Nov 5, 2009 at 10:02 AM
    outlawtacoma

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    another thing is that this ass hat started to pop an attitude with me, telling me that he is out 1000 dollars on these things... I am like, really this set of wheels came out of your pocket, I dont think so. I said look at this from my standpoint, i paid to have these damn things here today and have them on my truck. I asked for him to just send me some shipping labels and I would send the damn things back to him. he didnt care for that idea either. I was so pissed I just sat in silence for a minute to keep from making the situation worse. He said please just give it a few days for UPS to fix it and give them the money for the wheels and he will refund me. I dont know where you guys live but do yourself a favor if you live in East Tennessee, stay the hell away from that bunch of morons at Rusty Wallace Toyota.

8. Nov 5, 2009 at 10:10 AM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Gr8WhiteTaco bishes love my haircut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    SOLD 02 Double Cab TRD 4x4
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    dang man this sucks. is RW in knoxville?

9. Nov 5, 2009 at 10:11 AM
    outlawtacoma

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    its the one Morristown, TN

10. Nov 5, 2009 at 10:13 AM
    Gr8WhiteTaco

Gr8WhiteTaco bishes love my haircut

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    SOLD 02 Double Cab TRD 4x4
    2005 Mazda 3S hatchback
    ok. well hopefully you'll get everything straightened out.

11. Nov 6, 2009 at 7:14 AM
    Gunga

Gunga Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad DC 4x4

Try to stay calm when dealing with this dealer. I know it can be difficult to do but as said by others, you'll get further this way than being pissed off. Is this guy Doug the parts manager? There's usually a manager over parts and service. You want to speak to him. If that doesn't work ask for the General Manager. Calmly state your frustrations and let him know that erveryone on the largest Tacoma forum is watching what happens and wants to know if this dealership will step up and make it right.

12. Nov 6, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    outlawtacoma

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    very true. UPS came by today to pick them up, but I wasnt here. I will be here monday, as I am going to be on leave all next week. I also called my credit card company and told them the situation, they told me that if things are not settled to my liking to call them back and they will remove the charge from my card and do their own investigation.
    Also, since this has happened I have been looking at other wheels. I have the MB V-drives in mind.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=6-139.7&yr=2007&pc=73911&counter=1&wd=16&rw=8.5&vid=014313

Anybody seen these on a 2nd gen Taco??

13. Nov 6, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i dont like those MB wheels

Ivans are pure sex if you ever get a good set

14. Nov 6, 2009 at 8:15 PM
    outlawtacoma

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    Ivans are sexy. you are right about that. Once this crap gets settled I am just going to buy them from my local dealer, the extra 150 bucks is worth not having to deal with this crap. live and learn I guess

15. Nov 6, 2009 at 8:23 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    I got mine on ebay for $600 shipped a few years back. They were also flawless. I lost faith in toyota parts dept. when i went to my local one, and asked if they could get the Trd Ivan Stewart wheels....The guy behind the counter said "hmm, never heard of them."

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  16. Nov 7, 2009 at 11:06 AM
    outlawtacoma

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    ok, I finally said piss on it and bought a set of Dick Cepek DC1's. out the door for $481. Gonna get my money back from the Ivan's. Will post pic's once they are installed

thanks for allowing me to vent.
    any of you guys in west TN?

17. Nov 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    outlawtacoma

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    Latest update, I called RW Toyota today to see if they had received the wheels back from UPS, of course they had, so my next question is when are you going to refund my money, and I was met by the ugh ugh ugh, hmmmm. Uhhh Should be today. This was first thing this morning. Well as of an hour ago, no money back in acct. So I called the card dispute center, they credited my acct and are no in the process of contacting RW Toyota to get their money.
    The way I look at it is, I gave them ample enough time, and they didnt come through. Piss on Rusty Wallace Toyota.

BTW I am not going with Ivan's any longer.

18. Nov 12, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    The problem with all this is the dealerships like other businesses are trained to try to get you upset & give up. They are considering this a win right now & they are too stupid to realize the whole country has just come to see how Rusty Wallace Toyota does business. You have so many other options available to you, but they only have you, the customer, as an option. Honestly, I don't see how most of them stay in business with all the problems after the sale.

19. Nov 13, 2009 at 5:04 AM
    outlawtacoma

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    very true buzz, I wont even buy a washer from these guys again. I am just glad my card company put the money back and now they are gonna get theirs from RW Toyota. I dont have to deal with Doug, the Parts Mgr any more. He is a complete Tool, and quite possibly the rudest person I have ever had any dealing with at any dealership.
    Thank you CHASE for taking over the fight.

20. Nov 13, 2009 at 5:25 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Sounds like it's gonna work out for you. Great! Let Doug the tool act a fool with the bank like he did with you. Now they can be all frustrated the same way they were making you. Nice action, wouldn't hesitate to do the same. FUCK ALL BUSINESSES RUN BY ASSWIPES WITH THIS SAME MENTALITY!!!!!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top