1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I can't see!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by The Force, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Jan 19, 2009 at 8:30 PM
    The Force

The Force [OP] Member

Member:
    Lou-Evil KY
    Vehicle:
    96'taco 3.4, 4x4, sr5
    Bilsteins, Borla exhaust, KnN filter, hand made "creek clearer" push bumper, Ramsey QM 5000, On board 120 volt / 1.5 amp outlets, Big Cobra CB /linear/BIG antenna-Lightnin' Rod, Big stereo w/subs, Blah, Blah, Blah
    I have a 1996 3.4, sr5, 4x4. I am having problems with the lowbeam headlights, they won't work! High beams-yes, low beams-no. Signals, running lights, brake lights interior lights- yes. Low beams - NO!
    The blue highbeam dash light stays on in either low or highbeam position.

I have inspected / checked the wiring at the
    headlights-good.
    I have replaced the relay-good.
    I have checked the headlamp fuses-good.
    I have recently replaced both headlamps-good

I know the stem switch is next on the replacement list but, before I do that I would like to check the ground wire connections.

Does anyone know where any of these ground wire connections are located? Are the headlamps grounded through the stem switch? Or what else it could be? Or how to resolve this situation?

Help! Local police are being nice about it. On coming vehicles, not so nice!

Dyin' is the day worth livin' for!
    - Captain Barbosa, Black Pearl

2. Feb 3, 2009 at 10:58 PM
    The Force

The Force [OP] Member

Member:
    Lou-Evil KY
    Vehicle:
    96'taco 3.4, 4x4, sr5
    Bilsteins, Borla exhaust, KnN filter, hand made "creek clearer" push bumper, Ramsey QM 5000, On board 120 volt / 1.5 amp outlets, Big Cobra CB /linear/BIG antenna-Lightnin' Rod, Big stereo w/subs, Blah, Blah, Blah
    Well since I could get any definate answer from anyone, I went investigating.

Exposed my columb guts, and sprayed electrical contact cleaner all over the High / low switch.

2 days later, my low beams came on. Everything works great again.

I knew my Taco wouldn't let me down. Just a little dirt on the electrical contacts in the high / low beam switch.

Take what you can. Give nothin back!
    -Jack Sparrow

Products Discussed in

To Top