1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

i JUST BOUGHT 75 HORSES IN A BOX!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 4421.frank, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Jan 26, 2008 at 9:27 AM
    4421.frank

4421.frank [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southside chicago
    Vehicle:
    02 double cab prerunner supercharged
    nasty dent on driver's side bed panel, shabby seats, cigarette burned interior roof, missing berf bar pad, cracked rain visor, removed hood scoop, unmentionable stain on back bench?
    Okay so my TRD supercharger just came in today, and i need some questions answered so here goes. Is it really as easy to install yourself as the instructions seem to show it to be? What should be installed first The supercharger or the fuel line upgrade kit from URD? My taco is 02 V6 dublecab with auto trans and below 70k miles. What can I really expect my net gains in both horsepower and torque to be? I ve seen blown tacos before and they seem very quick. Is this true? Or am i just lying to myself? I plam on buying 1998-2004 taco extcab wiht manual trans and 4x4 in the near future( this year). Is it difficult to reinstall the factory intake and such once the supercharger is taken off and put on the other taco? Or should I just wait til i am certain of buyin the other taco and just put it on that one? I plan on keepin the dublecab for my wife and buying the ext cab for myself(gonna try and hook it up). I f anyone one of you can answer any of these questions it would be a great help. OUIrve:confused:

2. Jan 26, 2008 at 10:46 AM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    i have no answers for you but i would like to know also

3. Jan 26, 2008 at 11:34 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    With 75 more horses I would expect a noticeable improvement in all areas save fuel milage. I don't think you'll hang with a mustang but maybe a V-8 truck. If you tow, it should help on the hills, and general stress on the engine when pulling a trailer. Off road should be fun, but with the additional power I would be concerned with breaking things knowing that Toyota designed and built your truck without a supercharger in mind. I could see the life time of driveline cut shorter, and general replacement of parts that you would not normally replace become common. I only say this to you because at the company I work for, they buy concrete mixer trucks and they mix up the "packages". These trucks have all this torque and about 332 hp, but they don't buy double frames and increased suspensions and supports and these trucks are falling apart. Our older more "traditional" trucks are lasting much longer and don't have near the wear. I know mixer trucks and Tacomas are not the same, but this is an observation i have.

4. Jan 26, 2008 at 11:53 AM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    I don't know anything about the installation, but I would have to assume you are going to experience a significant performance increase as well as the abillity to light up the tires like never before.

5. Jan 27, 2008 at 11:50 PM
    350TacoZilla

350TacoZilla Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    1997 3RZ 5spd 4x4 Reg Cab
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" suspension lift, hybrid 52"chevy/toyota rear springs.
    install is straight forward...its just like replacing the intake gaskets...only when you put it back together you stick the blower on....you can do the blower first without the fuel upgrade but I wouldnt suggest harping on it every light till you get everything installed... even with that said I wouldnt put it on a truck i plan on replacing within the year...sure the factory intake goes right back on (after buying another set of gaskets, they have to be replaced everytime dont let people fool ya there spend the $30) but who says you will be able to find the bolts....factory hoses... etc. I'd take and box it up...stick it in corner and wait till new toy arrived.. I had one installed on a 97 taco extra cab 4x4 and it is a HUGE improvement in seat of pants performance...driving normalyou can expect to lose about 1-2mpg but that aint bad... on interstate with cruise on I got better mpg...guessing since it had more power it needed less throttle adjustments to stay at speed

6. Jan 28, 2008 at 5:03 PM
    4421.frank

4421.frank [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southside chicago
    Vehicle:
    02 double cab prerunner supercharged
    nasty dent on driver's side bed panel, shabby seats, cigarette burned interior roof, missing berf bar pad, cracked rain visor, removed hood scoop, unmentionable stain on back bench?
    Thank you very much, do have a recomendation for a aftermarket exhaust system for the 02 dublecab?

7. Jan 28, 2008 at 7:43 PM
    350TacoZilla

350TacoZilla Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    1997 3RZ 5spd 4x4 Reg Cab
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" suspension lift, hybrid 52"chevy/toyota rear springs.
    really depends on what your looking for...loud as hell or nice low growl for daily drive... I really dont like any bolt on cat backs... never seem to sound like $250-400 lol... I have a local shop make up the tail pipes... I usually run either a flowmaster 40 series with dual 2.25" tail pipes (simple Y pipe after muffler) or thrush turbo muffler with same pipes... flow is little louder at all speeds and idle...but at WOT the thrush is just as loud but with mellow tone for cruising..part number for 2.5" thrush is 17715 (inlet should be 2.5 on your stock pipe so then they have material to work with for making the dual tail pipes)and they are like 19.99 at advance auto .normally around $100 for tail pipes..now on the other hand i have WAKE the dead pipes on zilla right now 3" flowmaster super 44's behind the small block lol

Products Discussed in

To Top