1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I know I know... another lift question?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Vicious, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Sep 29, 2010 at 2:22 AM
    Vicious

Vicious [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    PA
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD sport DC 6 speed
    3inch Revtek lift with aal for the rear, AFE stage 2 cai, 18inch moto metal 951b's with 285/60 nitto terra grapplers
    First off ill start off by saying that i search and didnt really find the awnser so thought it would be time to post up. Im looking into ordering some 5100s for my taco from toytec with there 2''aal for the rear and was wondering if i will need to order a carier bearing drop kit also? Sence these shocks are adjustable.. ill more than likely be running them at 2.5'' in the front and the rears are non adjustable if im right. Im also going to be buying some uca's also. So pretty much i just want get a rough idea of what else i need when i do this because i want it done right...haha. And if ill need a carrier bearing drop kit... Thanks for the help in advance! :D

Keith

2. Sep 29, 2010 at 2:46 AM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    You don't need to, but if you have any kind of weird vibration, then I would get it later on.

3. Sep 29, 2010 at 4:08 AM
    hbryanlopez

hbryanlopez Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    herby
    mcallen, tx
    black out headlights bilstein 5100s toytec 2" aal procomp 7089 nitto terra grapler 285/70/17
    just get it, and get it installed all at once. my setup is bilstein 5100 all around. front set at 2.5 and rear toytec AAL 2" with shims. I have vibration on take off which disappears after 25mph. I will now be getting the carrier bearing drop kit to help get rid of the vib.

4. Sep 29, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    Canadianboy

Canadianboy Taco love in East Van

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport S/B 4x4 Auto in Mag Grey
    Icon Stage 3, Goodyear Duratracs and KMC Addicts!
    I think they are pretty cheap to buy, so if you can afford it, just buy it with your lift components. But, after you put your lift in, take it for a drive and see how bad the vibration is, and if you have any. If you do, then put the carrier drop in and see how it effects it. Good luck

5. Sep 29, 2010 at 9:23 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I agree it's cheap- but that's 30 dollars you can spend on something else. I would install everything and see if you have the vibration and go from there.

Products Discussed in

To Top