1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I know, i know another lift question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by fjrmurph, May 6, 2011.

1. May 6, 2011 at 4:49 PM
    fjrmurph

fjrmurph [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Whare do you guys measure height? I have a 2010 access cab, how much do i need to bring the front up to be sitting level? Some say i can go up 2.5 inches without UCA's some guy are saying with 2.5 inch lift i need UCA's. I am trying to decide on just getting the truck level or maybe a 2 - 3 in lift.I have read and reread most of the threads about lifts here, i think there are just too many options out there LOL :frusty::frusty:

2. May 6, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    Reaper10

Reaper10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oak Harbor, Washington
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver DC 4x4 TRD OR
    Billstein 5100's all around, ToyTec coilovers up front, ToyTec 1.5" AAL in the rear with TSB leaf springs, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, XD Revolvers in Black wrapped in 265/70/17 BFG TA/KOs, AFE Pro Dry S Airfilter, Pioneer AVIC-X920BT in-dash NAVI, Devil Horns by Andres, 14 inch shorty antenna
    Most people take their measurements from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom of the fender. That takes the size tire out of the equation when figuring height. As for the UCA's that's going to be largely dependent on your truck. Every truck is a little different as far as the need for UCA's go. If you don't want to spend the money right away you can always see how the alignment turns out after you lift it. Just remember if your alignment numbers suck and you end up going with the UCA's you're gonna be stuck paying for two alignments. Almost missed the first part of your question, measure the back from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender, measure the front and you know how much you have to go up to be sitting level.

Products Discussed in

To Top