1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I Need Help On Finding the Right Suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by FullDraw02, May 5, 2009.

1. May 5, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    FullDraw02

FullDraw02 [OP] Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
    Vent Visors Flowmasters Dual Exhaust Rhino Mats .......
    Ok heres the deal... I have a 2009 Toyota Tacoma 4 door 4x4 and I am looking for the perfect lift. I dont want to go above 4" something like 2" or 3" suspension lift would be perfect. I have reviewed the RevTek and Rough Country Lifts but I am flat out unsure. my tires are p265/65r17 stock I really would like to put cooper discoverer stt on with the Moto Metal 951. The problems I am hearing are wheel well trimming which i dont want to do at all, and my stock rims are 17x7.5 and the moto metals are 17x9 ( will they fit)>? Can somebody please HELP.....

2. May 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Lots of folks can help.

The backspacing/offset are different on those MotoMetals. As long as the offset is between 0 and -12 you should be good...That makes a backspace of about 4.5 inches or less. Those will help you with the trimming.

As far as lifts...Tons of options. I just ordered Old Man Emu Parts for my truck....Toytec makes good stuff...As does Camburg, Icon, and SAW. Look around at some of the suspension threads about the pros and cons of each and then roll the dice!!

Welcome to the board...Enjoy!!

3. May 5, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to Tacoma World!

There are ALOT of lifts out there. Check out some of the members trucks, ask them what they think of them, and what they use their truck for. THEN, ASk yourself what you want from the lift. We are here to help you make an informed desision. :)

4. May 5, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    RedTaco2134

RedTaco2134 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Portland, Or
    Vehicle:
    08 Long Bed TRD Sport
    295/70/17 Cooper STT Pro, Revtek 3" lift. TSB rear and Blistein 5100's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3097063
    I run 275/70/17 MTRs, and didn't have to trim my fenders or remove my mudflaps. MY set up is 3" Revtek, rear leaf spring TSB W/ AddALeaf-AAL. As for lifts I suggest Toytech, Pro Comp, Revtek. Good Luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top