1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I Need Help with Stereo wiring problem!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by tecate12, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Nov 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    tecate12

tecate12 [OP] Fuuaaaaaaa!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    El Paso,TX
    Vehicle:
    Tina: The EPT Blue Beast
    K&N Cold Air Intake, pioneer AVH-4200 DVD, WT floorliners, colormatched engine cover, Westin Bull Bar with driving lights, N-FAB step bars, Rear TSB, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, 265/70/17 Dick Cepek MUD COUNTRYS on 17" Black TRD sport wheels, Satoshi Grill, Custom TRD tire valve Caps, and still coming...
    i have a Pioneer AVH-4200dvd double din stereo head unit which i installed myself a couple of years ago. a short time after the install i noticed the radio will change stations by itself. a couple of years down the road it has gotten to be an annoying problem (and slightly more common) is it possible it is a wiring problem? or is it a glitch in my head unit? im thinking of taking it apart and re crimping the wires to see if that fixes it. should i even bother? HELP PLEASE!:confused::confused::confused:

2. Nov 9, 2012 at 7:39 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    I posted in your other thread but its likely a glitch in your system. Another thought though is to make sure someone didn't have a brain fart and plugged something into the remote input plug. Its the little 3.5mm jack on the back side of your radio.

Products Discussed in

To Top