1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I need some amp advice please

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by wakeman135, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Apr 13, 2010 at 11:10 PM
    wakeman135

wakeman135 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    3" Toytec Spacers, Rear AAL, Bilstein 5100 in rear, Kenwood Excelon 994 HU, CTX65CS front components, ID IDQ10D4V.3, PowerBass 1100 5ch amp, 6" deckplate mod, 55w 8000k HIDs
    So im in the market for a new system for my 2002 ext cab. I plan on doin the upgrade in stages. I would like to eventually have a new HU, front 6.5" components, , 10" sub (i will be building a tool cubby enclosure) and amp to power comps and sub, ill run my stock rears off HU (for now at least). Also i might add that i will be keeping my stock HU for now so ill need an amp that will accept preamps from my speakers. At least i think thats how it works.
    here is my list so far, let me know what you think.
    ID CTX65CS 6.5" components
    JL 10w1v2?

I have looked all over at local audio stores asking questions and not really getting the customer service or answers im looking for, too many times its this is best, dont buy that, get this instead kind of stuff. Anyways, what im interested in finding out is what kind of amp i should be looking for? i know the JL needs somewhat little power, ~200RMS but i also want a sub that will hit a little if i want it to.

What is a good sub/amp combo that will drive the Image dynamic CTX's as well, taking into account my space constraints of ~.60 cu ft of sub space.

Thanks alot!:cool:

2. Apr 13, 2010 at 11:14 PM
    2010pyrite

2010pyrite Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    MTX amps are the best in my opinion.
    their subs are decent.

Products Discussed in

To Top