1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I need some input/opinions on this company..

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Goblin, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Sep 17, 2009 at 5:43 AM
    Goblin

Goblin [OP] TSB 0305-08 Rev2 & TSB 0373-09 DONE

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 TRD OFF ROAD
    STOCK TRD 4X4 OR DC
    It's www.autoalarmpro.com and they specialize in vehicle specific remote starters and alarms. I'm interested in the remote start only. Anyhow, calling around Northern VA; I am finding it increasingly expensive to add an auto start, upwards of $1K in some cases. I find this ridiculous as the last time I purchased this option with the bypass and window option for a 4 door it only cost me $350. Of course I was living in the south and the cost of living is not the same but damn, $1K. Not the way today's economy is going.

Anyhow, I came across this site and it seems even a monkey can do it. I did manage to install amps and a stereo with the swix option. Surely I could follow simple instructions for a remote start. So, has anyone done this or used this site? Looking over the sample instructions for the F150 it does seem very detailed and pretty straight forward.

I would appreciate any and all feed back on this subject and/or site. Thanks brothers!

2. Oct 10, 2009 at 2:55 PM
    Goblin

Goblin [OP] TSB 0305-08 Rev2 & TSB 0373-09 DONE

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 TRD OFF ROAD
    STOCK TRD 4X4 OR DC
    OK, so this morning I put in the remote start and by-pass module. Piece of cake with the VSS! Easier than a stereo installation. Took about a 90 minutes for the remote start and this was my first time installing one. Step by step instructions...wire for wire. The PK-I took as long if not longer as I stupidly skipped the second step connecting the Brown wire. UGH! I consistently cross my path only to skip the same step repeatedly. I ended up calling tech support, who were AWESOME, and the guy immediately asked if I connected the Brown wire. UGH! STUPID STUPID STUPID! UGH.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY and their products.

Products Discussed in

To Top