1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I need tips on buying a new ATV

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by USNavyEOD, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Oct 11, 2010 at 11:43 PM
    USNavyEOD

USNavyEOD [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC/LB Sport 4x4
    I am looking at getting a new 11 Honda Foreman 4x4 500 when I get back from this deployment. I plan on using it for hunting/trail riding and hauling it in my DC/LB (until I get my camper shell and then have to get a trailer.) I have bought new cars/trucks before many times but never a new ATV/bike.

The MSRP is $7549.00. My question(s) is/are... Is it the same as dealing with car dealers? Is the MSRP what you have to pay or is there "wiggle" room from dealer invoice to MSRP? I live in the Norfolk, VA area. Is it worth me playing dealer against dealer to try and get a better deal?

Thanks for the help and words of wisdom.

2. Oct 11, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    BGrutter

BGrutter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Baron
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DCSB TRD OR
    Rear-View Camera Mod, Anti-theft Tailgate, No Mud-Flaps, Diff Breather Mod, Color-matched Mirror/Handle covers, Front Valance mod, Phone/GPS/Camera mount, and Illuminated 4x4 Switch ToyTec Ultimate Lift Light Racing UCAs
    Haven't bought an ATV for a while, but there's definitely wiggle room. I believe I bought my $6500 msrp sport quad for $5200. Those are 6.5 year old stats, so I can't remember for certain. But I would definitely go in planning to wiggle ;)

3. Oct 12, 2010 at 12:18 AM
    USNavyEOD

USNavyEOD [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC/LB Sport 4x4
    Thanks for the help! I thought there might be some room for negotiation...In this economy, I can't see people lining up outside the showroom waiting to buy. I've just never heard anyone talk about it concerning ATVs/bikes. I even did a search on it and the only thing I could find was tips on buying used ATVs/bikes. Thanks again!

4. Oct 12, 2010 at 12:24 AM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    There is wiggle room. It's very likely they will try to throw in "free stuff" if you pay MSRP; like a helmet, cargo/rack bag, etc- be wary of these items, they're usually cheapos or old stock.

Also, since you're getting a Forman, don't get the service package, you won't need it.

Plan on getting better tires within the next year too, the stock ones are ok but there are much better aftermarket options.

5. Oct 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM
    kessler89

kessler89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    OH
    Vehicle:
    12' Pro4x 6MT
    TBA
    i'd get a rancher with IRS it does MUCH better than the solid rear axle on trails, in the mud, everywhere! i just picked one up, msrp on it was 6800+tax, i got it for 6100+tax

To Top