1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I understand the jeep thing...thats why i drive a TOYOTA!

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by 98fourbangertaco, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Mar 25, 2011 at 5:20 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    that's in your neck of the woods at uwharrie

2. Mar 25, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    98fourbangertaco

98fourbangertaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    98 toyota tacoma, 4wd, SR5, 2.7L, 5-speed
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    figured it was, havnt actually been to ure just yet, plannin on it when it opens in april

3. Mar 25, 2011 at 10:13 PM
    Dmonkey

Dmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    Eibach height adjust shocks in front, KYB monomax shocks in the back. Stock springs front and back. Level 8 MK6 10mm offset wheels on Cooper ATP tires (stock size)
    all i have to say is.. there is a reason JKs have their own website that links off pirate vs being in with the rest of the pirate crowd.. they aren't real jeeps.

4. Mar 26, 2011 at 3:17 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    It's people like that....I wanna frigin kick their asses!!

WEAR YOUR FRIGIN SEAT BELT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seat belts aren't just for 'accidents' - it'll hold your ass in your seat in a situation like that!!!!

5. Mar 26, 2011 at 6:07 AM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    Even thought he wasnt wearin his seatbelt, didnt look like a situation that was so bad that he fell out, pretty sure he was bailing

Looked like he was gonna jump out and try to hold it.......pfft some people

6. Mar 26, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    Dmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    Eibach height adjust shocks in front, KYB monomax shocks in the back. Stock springs front and back. Level 8 MK6 10mm offset wheels on Cooper ATP tires (stock size)
    yeah he jumped out to try and stop it, like you would an ATV that is tipping at a super low speed.

freakin nitwit didnt recognize he has over 3000lbs he's going to stop from rolling? Had it rolled he woulda been splatted a few times.

7. Mar 26, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    Yea no doubt, thats hard enough with a 600lb or so atv

8. Mar 26, 2011 at 4:07 PM
    RedWingsSuck

RedWingsSuck Member

Member:
    I've got a 79 CJ7 sitting in the driveway right next to the Tacoma. The trucks seem to get along just fine.......

9. Mar 26, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    Haha they sharin the love

10. Mar 26, 2011 at 6:35 PM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    that jeep guy is a tard! who jumps out of a moving vehicle like that? really???

heres a pic of my tacoma tipping over: [​IMG]

11. Mar 26, 2011 at 7:04 PM
    Dmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    ah what a coincidence, i have a 76cj5 that gets along with my truck just fine ;p

12. Mar 26, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    Love cj5s, there so short wheelbased its bout like takin a fourwheeler through the woods

13. Mar 26, 2011 at 7:33 PM
    Dmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    lol yes they are.. except they have to comply with the nazi like smog laws of cali which is their mortal enemy

14. Mar 26, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    Im sure, they let us get by with bout whatever here in nc, people runnin round with straight piped stuff everywhere, especially diesels......including dads cummins

15. Mar 26, 2011 at 7:42 PM
    Dmonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    yeah... what it would be like to be able to live in a free state lol

16. Mar 26, 2011 at 7:48 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    Its nice ;) just wish it was colder and we got some more snow, i wanna live up north

17. Mar 27, 2011 at 6:09 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    If you look at the video again, he never had it on to begin with. Frigin moron!!

And even if he was bailing - he should've be allowed to drive. What a panzy!!

18. Mar 27, 2011 at 6:40 AM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    yea, ill admit i wheel without a seatbelt all the time and i know i have doors on but even if i did be have been in way way way worse stuff that that and i never felt like that if i didnt have doors that i would fall out

19. Mar 27, 2011 at 6:51 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Dude...wear your seatbelt!!!! No EXCUSES!!

If your seatbelt is working properly, it WILL HOLD you in place and you can fully concentrate on driving the vehicle.

Think of it this way: Without a seatbelt, your body can & will shift. Your feet, body, arms will shift out of normal driving position. Your first reaction is to move yourself back into driving position.... and those are valuable seconds where you could be DRIVING instead of not paying attention (or not having control of the vehicle).

That video is a perfect example. The slightest movement in a vehicle (without your seatbelt) can cause your body to shift. At that point, his feet were off the pedals....and he frigin FELL OUT.

(sorry for the preaching....but I've been in multiple situations where I relied on the seatbelts to hold me and allowed me to keep driving. And...I've also been in an end-over-end rollover. If I wasn't wearing my seatbelt, I'd probably be dead). Anything can happen out there and shit happens QUICK and when you least expect it.

20. Mar 27, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    Yea i know and i understand the precautions

Products Discussed in

To Top