1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ICON 2.0" Rear Remote Reservoir Lifted Application

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by Downsouth Motorsports, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Downsouth Motorsports

Downsouth Motorsports [OP] Downsouth Motorsport Vendor

Member:
    Mission Valley, San Diego
    Front King 2.5, Coilovers, Camburg UCA, Rear King 2.0 Shocks, Lots of Tinted Windows, Cherry Third Owner
    Hi,

We have been working with ICON and we have come up with a rear shock for the 2005-Current Tacoma "6" Lug rear lifted application shock.
    The shock as of now is the standard part # 56503R-Custom
    Its our internal Part #...
    The shock has been built for a 3"-4" lift and here are the dimensions.
    [FONT=&quot]
    26.8" Extended length

15.9" Compressed length

You still may have to modify your bumps, but at least you now have the option for a good quality direct bolt in replacement shock
    for your 05-Currect Tacoma with 3"-4" rear lift.
    I might add, no extra charge for the custom dimension per ICON as of this moment.
    Just an FYI..
    Hope it helps..
    Thanks,
    Sonny

[/FONT]

2. The Traveler

The Traveler REBELTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '10 Long Travel 4x4 DCSB
    Total Chaos 3.5" LT kit, King remote resi 8x2.5 coilovers, Glassworks Unlimited fiberglass fenders and bedsides, Icon resi rears, All Pro Expo leaf pack, Wheeler's super bumps, drop in AFE Pro Dry-S, Aero-Turbine 2525XL Muffler, Spidertrax, Rigid Industries Dually Amber Floods, rock lights, Strobe amber/white dust lights, bushwhacker fender flares, CB and HAM radios, Pelfreybilt Off Road front three hoop bumper, All-Pro APEX kickout sliders, CBI Trail Rider rear bumper, Tres Tacos LED rock lights, 50" LED Light Bar,
    That's awesome! I was wondering if their current shocks could handle a 3" lift from a standard all pro leaf pack. I guess I'll go with these!

3. Desert Drifter

Desert Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    Icon MT suspension, Pelfreybuilt front bumper, Relentless skids, Avid sliders, Avid custom rack. Pelfreybilt HC Rear bumper.
    I just installed a pair of these shocks. Replaced 3 month old stockers on my 3 month old Tacoma, AMAZING on the street, even better in the dirt.

I have owned four pickup trucks before this (two were Toyotas) and with ALL of them the rear wheels "hop" over speedbumps unless I was crawling slow. These Icon shocks and Icon ad-a-leaf pack fixes this trait. This alone is worth it, but then go off-road and it glides over stuff instead of the truck jumping and pitching out of control. I also have the Icon extended travel front coilover in front and Camburg UCA's. All from the good guys at DownSouth Motor Sports.

To Top