1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

icon CDC coilovers.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by scotty225, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Jan 26, 2013 at 4:41 PM
    ICONRep

ICONRep Direct Representative Vendor

Member:
    No worries.....I'm going to make sure you get what you want to know!

I know nothing about how theirs works, from what I am told ours has a broader range of adjustment though. Another thing is how we set it up......we set our standard valving for a said shock, that most are happy with, at number 3 or 4 leaving you adjustment in both directions. Pretty sure we are the only ones taking that approach.

2. Jan 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    B11

B11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.E. Wa.
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    Is now SuperCharged
    ICONRep, if that's how ICON is doing it that is the best way. On and externally adjustable shock you always want the main use of your range in the middle adjustments as most will never use the first and or last "click" or "sweep" or whatever you wish to call it.

Also, do you by chance know how much shock travel you lose with your IFP shocks vs emulsion shocks. I doubt it's very much but there has to be some loss.

3. Jan 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    DoorDing

DoorDing Thank you, Nancy Roman

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Thanks for the information.

Coming full circle, I'd guess ICON took a look at comparable Fox shocks with their CD Adjuster and had that testing in mind during the ICON design process. :)

4. Jan 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    ICONRep

Member:
    Actually no...what I mentioned was feed back from some customers that have had their hands on shocks with the CDC for a few months now. The specific relation is 2.0 (Fox) vs 2.5 (ours) and was on a Jeep if that helps. We do have 10 adjustments vs they have 8 on that 2.0 version.

5. Jan 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    DoorDing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    10 vs. 8 settings. A new design compared to a competitor's older design. I'm sure Fox is working to improve their own offerings compared to ICON's and the rest of the competition.

Like I said, I have no doubt ICON was looking at their competitor's products. I didn't mean that they were doing anything improper. In fact, I'm certain they go to great lengths to make sure there are no IP or patent infringement issues. It's just the nature of competiton, and customers reap the benefits. Everybody wins.

6. Jan 28, 2013 at 3:59 AM
    northern cal

northern cal Active Member

Member:
    bay area
    Vehicle:
    tacoma TRD
    Is this video or breakdown now available? Also wouldn't mind seeing a professional written review(s).

7. Jan 28, 2013 at 5:17 AM
    ICONRep

Member:
    We have not put out the formal release, but are preparing that now and some type of video will be apart of this.

As far as a professional write up we do not have control of when something like that will happen, but are working with the guys from Overland Journal on a project that includes the CDC upgrade. We will def keep you in the loop as soon as we see something.....appreciate your interest.

8. Jan 28, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Sweet.....mine are already getting re-built with this option (in the future)! Might as well right? ;)

9. Jan 28, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    B11

B11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.E. Wa.
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    Is now SuperCharged
    Why is this taking so long? Call your shock tech on his ext. have him e-send you the appropriate dyno graph and post it. I'm sure they've run these things MANY times and have lots of saved files they could send you to post.

Seriously, this is something that should only take 5 minutes from the time you pick up the phone and call the shock dept. ext. and post it here.

Don't be concerned about making the "numbers" look perfect because they NEVER do. Any dyno sheet that looks to good to be true, always is.

10. Jan 28, 2013 at 8:50 AM
    DoorDing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    I'll bet that's going to be a common upgrade during re-builds. The financial hit from the original purchase will be past, so why not?

B11, I think you're going to hurt your head. :frusty:

11. Jan 28, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    Monster Coma

Monster Coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pittsburgh, PA/Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 WRB WRX
    It's a wagon
    Why in such a rush? are you going to be buying these?

12. Feb 1, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    B11

B11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.E. Wa.
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    Is now SuperCharged
    Must be etching those dyno sheets out on a stone tablet. Sheeeshh :rolleyes:

Still would like to know how much travel is lost with ICON's IFP shocks vs Emulsion or is that a highly guarded secret too... ;)

13. Mar 9, 2013 at 5:28 AM
    northern cal

northern cal Active Member

Member:
    bay area
    Vehicle:
    tacoma TRD
    Has anyone have these yet?

14. Mar 9, 2013 at 6:09 AM
    T4C0CH40S

T4C0CH40S RINZLER

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE RECTIFIED PRERUNNER
    ADS Racing Shocks | Dirt King | KMF | Pelfreybilt | BruteForceFab | Total Chaos | HomerTaco | Toywerx | Tepui | Toyo Tires | Stealth Custom Series | Stealth Runner 8 | SDHQ | MaxTrac | TRS | Morimoto | Rigid Industries | VIP | Jumpers LEDs | Wet Okoles | Trailer Products | McNeil Racing | ECGS | AFe CAI | IAS | ...Check out my RECTIFIED BUILD>>>>>>>>>>>
    possibly seen them at SDHQ :spy:

15. Mar 10, 2013 at 1:56 AM
    toytac05

toytac05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    los angels
    Vehicle:
    05 trd sport
    icon ext travel co dirt king lca dp boxed uca bilstien bumps dmz sua icon piggy back fox bumps pelfreybuilt pre runner bumper ifs trans tcase skids demello wrap around rear bumper mcniel fiberglass fenders and bedsides front suspension and rear suspension set up by Solo Motorsports
    I'm having the cdc's put on my 2.5 rr rear shocks. DC shocks in azusa ca is doing a rebuild, so I asked to have the cdc's added.:)

16. Mar 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    What did they charge for the rears?

17. Mar 10, 2013 at 8:44 PM
    hualampeter

hualampeter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Banks Monster Exhaust, DTLT, BLK Headlights, Alpine Head Unit w/ Alpine Amp, Image Dynamics Speakers. 10" Subs on backwall!
    :O I JUST GOT A BONER!

18. Mar 10, 2013 at 10:35 PM
    toytac05

Member:
    los angels
    Vehicle:
    05 trd sport
    icon ext travel co dirt king lca dp boxed uca bilstien bumps dmz sua icon piggy back fox bumps pelfreybuilt pre runner bumper ifs trans tcase skids demello wrap around rear bumper mcniel fiberglass fenders and bedsides front suspension and rear suspension set up by Solo Motorsports
    The clip on the driver side deaver cut a gash in the Icon 2.5 rear shock. I called deaver they said cut it off, so I did. Now I need to repair the shock so I called Icon they said the cdc will work on the rears as well. So I had to do it lol.

19. Mar 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM
    JerryTaco

JerryTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Tacoma, Icon Stage 4
    DeBadged Tinted Windows Tinted Tail Lights Icon Extended Travel RR C/O's, with CDCV Icon Tubular UCA's w/Uniball caps Icon 2.5 inch RR rear shocks Icon progressive add a pack 17x9 ATX ledge 285, 75 R17 Toyo Open Country AT2's Rigid LED Grill w/20 inch Amber SR light bar Weather techs
    I've had these coil overs for a few months now and can't speak highly enough of them.. The ability to quickly and noticeably change the ride quality to perfectly fit whatever you are driving on is simply awesome.. Big props to SDHQ for encouraging me to get them

20. Mar 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    toytac05

Member:
    los angels
    Vehicle:
    05 trd sport
    i got my rear shocks today 550 total for cdc's rebuild and replace damaged part. going back on the truck sunday.

To Top