1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

icon CDC coilovers.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by scotty225, Dec 21, 2012.

1. T4C0CH40S

T4C0CH40S RINZLER

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE RECTIFIED PRERUNNER
    ADS Racing Shocks | Pelfreybilt | KMFAB | BruteForceFab | HomerTaco | Toywerx | Tepui | MaxTrac | ICON | Stealth Custom Series | Stealth Runner 8 | Hankook M/T | SDHQ | ICON | TRS | Morimoto | Rigid Industries | VIP | Jumpers LEDs | Wet Okoles | Trailer Products | McNeil Racing | ECGS | AFe CAI | IAS | ...Check out my RECTIFIED BUILD>>>>>>>>>>>
    this only solidifies my future purchase and upgrades :)

2. ICONRep

ICONRep Direct Representative Vendor

Member:
    The CDC is the way to go with out a doubt (my I don't work for ICON opinion). I honestly get emails from people saying they want to have their shocks revalved both softer and firmer every week. This is how you can do that your self in 30 seconds by simply turning a knob. Ride is so subjective based on how your truck is equipped, area / ground conditions, how you drive etc., and this is the way to conform to all the factors getting the best ride possible. The feedback I personally have received so far is much like what was said in the post above, "this is exactly what I needed ... I am able to adjust the shocks for my weekly commute on road, and then a quick turn of the knob when I hit the dirt to soak up the rough" that was earlier this week.

Hope this helps....

3. JerryTaco

JerryTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Tacoma, Icon Stage 4
    DeBadged Tinted Windows Tinted Tail Lights Icon Extended Travel RR C/O's, with CDCV Icon Tubular UCA's w/Uniball caps Icon 2.5 inch RR rear shocks Icon progressive add a pack 17x9 ATX ledge 285, 75 R17 Toyo Open Country AT2's Rigid LED Grill w/20 inch Amber SR light bar Weather techs
    Hey dude, you are welcome to take my truck for a spin before you drop the cash.. You'll definitely love them

4. Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Agree with above.....there's times when I need more compression off road since I'm re-enacting the last baja 1,000 :D and then I'm crawling a technical trail somewhere the next week and need them softened up some! Who the hell has the time to re-valve everytime they go out?

5. JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    SWB 05 Double Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road
    ...why did I get my Camburgs 4 years ago over Icons :(

6. Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    I have original Donahoe 2.5" coil overs. Can Icon convert them to CDC and extended travel?

Is CDC available for the Donahoe rear remote reservoir shocks?

7. T4C0CH40S

T4C0CH40S RINZLER

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE RECTIFIED PRERUNNER
    ADS Racing Shocks | Pelfreybilt | KMFAB | BruteForceFab | HomerTaco | Toywerx | Tepui | MaxTrac | ICON | Stealth Custom Series | Stealth Runner 8 | Hankook M/T | SDHQ | ICON | TRS | Morimoto | Rigid Industries | VIP | Jumpers LEDs | Wet Okoles | Trailer Products | McNeil Racing | ECGS | AFe CAI | IAS | ...Check out my RECTIFIED BUILD>>>>>>>>>>>
    i will definitely take you up on that! :cool:

8. ICONRep

Member:
    It would be 58735C-700

I think you will be very happy with the adjustability of them. We will look forward to your feedback to see if you feel the same way!

Post up a few install picks when you put them on.

Brad

9. ICONRep

Member:
    We actually make them and will be on the website next week. There is a stage 5 also that will be on its way up there as well.

Unfortunately there is not an option to just hook it up, but if you get with MT we can get you the 57805C shocks one way or another. Testing has been done with them and sorry to be repetitive from a previous post, but the adjustability is great to fine tune the compression valving to your liking. (We make the 59905 Omega Bypass if you want comp & reb adjustment)

As far as a stock length LCA or Long Travel there is no plan for that at this point. It would be best to stick with what is available, there is some good stuff from a few that work well.

10. BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    Holy shit sub'd! I can't believe I'm just now finding this thread. Now I have something to add when I rebuild my shocks.

11. ICONRep

Member:
    Here is a graph that some of you have asked for.....take a look. This was done with the ICON #58730 - 05+ Tacoma Coilover shock.

[​IMG]

12. silver taco

silver taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 4X access cab
    Icon 2.5 ext travel, Camburg 1.25" uca's, All-pro leafs, Icon 2.5" rear shocks, LR jounce front and back, breather mod, KR Fab rear bumper, Kenwood 2m radio, All-Pro sliders, Front bumper by Surfinferno (Dylan), Glassworks fenders, 4:56 gears, gusseted spindles and coil buckets
  13. SDHQ OFFROAD

SDHQ OFFROAD Cuz Stock Sucks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Gilbert AZ
    Vehicle:
    Caged and Linked 2008 4x4
    Camburg Long Travel and 9" Rear End, Caged and 3 Linked Icon Shocks PCI Race Radios Method Wheels Toyo Tires Mastercraft Seats and Belts
    I just shipped out some Ext. Travel RR C/O's with the CDC to a member on here in Texas, they are bad ass! We have more in stock too.

Here is our pallet of Raptor shocks, Toyota was just put out.
    [​IMG]

14. Doomsday

Doomsday Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OR 4x4
    SDHQ OFFROAD">

:wave: Thanks for help, great price, and ready to ship!

15. SVLeonard85

SVLeonard85 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma Dbl Cab Sport
  16. SDHQ OFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Gilbert AZ
    Vehicle:
    Camburg Long Travel and 9" Rear End, Caged and 3 Linked Icon Shocks PCI Race Radios Method Wheels Toyo Tires Mastercraft Seats and Belts
  17. SDHQ OFFROAD

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Gilbert AZ
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Arturo!

18. mo13

mo13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    fleming island,FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR
    Icon RR extended length coilovers with cdc,Icon RR 2.0 custom length shocks, Icon tube UCA,all pro standard leaf pack,allpro u bolt flip kit,extended front and rear steel braided brake lines,CMC,super bumps, color matched mirror covers, relentless fab front bumper, smittybilt 8k winch with syn line, viking thimble and hawse fairlead, d2s retro fits, 20" led bar on bamf bracket, 4 rigid duallys, skygear fuse box, viper remote start, and a very shotty made satoshi raptor mesh grill made by myself haha
    Just bought some RR C/Os with CDC how are y'all liking em? I'm kinda stoked about it. Went with the icon RR 2.0 shocks extended length and a allpro standard leaf pack out back and the icon tube uca. Y'all have any tips to make the install go smoother?

19. Doomsday

Doomsday Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OR 4x4
    I like them much better then my 5100’s, really no comparison. I still got 5100’s in rear with AAL, but gonna change that in near future. Was thinking Allpro leaf pack as well, but leaning towards Icon 3 Leaf AAL, VS 2.5 RR, & hydraulic bump stops for rear. I guess my plan in the end is to slowly built up a complete S2 Modular system once I finish the rear.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  20. BradyT88

BradyT88 Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Rock Damage
    Skinkwerks armor and a lot of other stuff!
    So does it cost extra to get the C/O's with CDC? I assume it does but I can't find them listed anywhere on any vendor's sites for Icon.

To Top