1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon Extended Travel Suspension First Impressions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacoguy117, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Aug 15, 2018 at 6:24 PM
    tacoguy117

tacoguy117 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black TRD 4x4
    Flowmaster Dual Side Exit Exhaust S&B Cold Air Intake Armordillo Grille Guard Bolted fender flares Smoked Projector Lenses LED smoked taillights & 3rd brake light N-Fab step rails Powder coated 4Runner wheels 3” Icon coil-over suspension lift
    C4358386-EFD9-4C49-B9A2-E9DF02AF734F.jpg F1325B58-FC2C-4F45-AAE1-4D431C2EFB00.jpg So I recently installed a coil over system from Icon.. and MAN! The ride quality difference is day and night. I was debating between a mid travel BDS and these.. even though sacrificing some lift height I chose to go with icon for solid performance, and I am very impressed. Reason being is I just got new tires, and never realized my truck already had a 2” block lift already from the previous owner, and it was putting my CV’s in a bind(dumb on my part). I tried to take off the block lift and realized my tires and wheels wouldn’t have enough clearance going back to stock.. so this was a considerable option, because I could still use current 17” wheels. So long story short, it seemed like a good excuse to get a whole new suspension rig. For any of you 2nd gen owners considering this setup, it is paired with the Tubular UCA’s. And my infamous passenger seat rattling has ceased to exist lol. Off-roading as well is amazing, with the shocks being almost 3” thick!

Icon_Adrian and ProForce like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top