1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon UCA alignment question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bambino, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Jan 21, 2017 at 1:14 PM
    Bambino

Bambino [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    2014 metallic grey Tacoma TRD 4.0 6 speed access cab
    Hello, I just recently installed the ICON tubular UCAs and am not very savy when it comes to alignment read outs. I attached a read out of the alignment I got after the install and was hoping someone with experience would give me there 2 cents on it.

The ICON install instructions state "All ICON UCA have been engineered to allow for the most possible caster, while still allowing the vehicle to be properly aligned" I showed this to the alignment shop and the attached picture is the final result.

My question is should it be the most caster possible but still with-in Toyota spec? Or as much caster as possible with out throwing everything else out of spec.

As of now the truck rides great and I can't see any wear but I'm worried about the long term.
    Anyone with any experience or advice regarding this I greatly appreciate it, thanks in advance.

IMG_20170121_145706004.jpg

2. Jan 21, 2017 at 1:18 PM
    Bambino

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    This should be a better pic.

IMG_20170121_151546034.jpg

3. Jan 21, 2017 at 3:11 PM
    magnetic4x4

magnetic4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Magnetic Gray DCSB XSP-X 4x4
    The caster is fine where it is, incorrect camber and toe is what wears tires. I set my caster high like yours, but my left side is more like 3.4 for the crown in the road to help it track straight instead of wanting to drift to the right. If it were me, I would have had the camber set to 0, but yours should be fine because it's set to factory specs. If I remember correctly, +.6 camber is the ideal factory spec according to our hunter machine. I've heard that 0 camber is better for a lifted tacoma though, so that's what I set mine to.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  4. Jan 21, 2017 at 3:16 PM
    Justinlhc

Justinlhc Not looking for a relationship

Member:
    You've got caster to spare so if it were ME I'd want closer to 0 camber which will likely lower caster a small bit, but you will still end up with an excellent alignment.

5. Jan 21, 2017 at 8:48 PM
    Bambino

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the info gentlemen I really appreciate it. It helps to be able to explain what I want when I take it in for the aliment, when I take it back in I'll defiantly ask for 0 camber. Thanks again I don't know what I'd do with out TW!

Products Discussed in

To Top